Chapter 7 - Watching

Rosalie's P.O.V

"Why are we running!?" England panted as I continued to drag him and America with me as I ran.
Then I slowed to a stop and I quickly looked around. I don't see him, for now. The whispers and breeze had stopped, too.
"What was that all about, Rosa?" America asked, not nearly as breathless as England and I.
I shook my head, having a difficult time speaking through my heaves for air. "I...can't really explain. C-Can I see that note?"
America's eyebrows furrowed, but he did as I asked, holding out the crumpled note that had wrinkled in his grip. I lifted it and straightened it out so I can see the writing.
Have I...seen this somewhere before?
In my dreams?
My eyes widened once I realized what situation we're in. Oh, shit. This can't be a coincidence, this is too alike to my nightmares for it to just be a coincidence.
"What is it?" England asked me, befuddled and concerned, so I looked up to meet his gaze.
"There's eight of them," I whispered. "We need to find all eight notes to escape."
"Wh...What?" America questioned, his eyebrows furrowed.
I shook my head again. "Like I said, I can't explain. We just need to find eight of these notes, then we can get out of here."
"Why can't we just leave these bloody woods now?" England asked.
"We can't, because that's not how it works. We can't escape until we find all eight...If he doesn't catch us first," I whispered the last part.
"Rosalie, I have no clue what in the world you're talking about." England shook his head and rubbed his forehead.
"It's hard to decipher and it's hard to understand. All I can say is we need to find eight notes. We found one, so there's seven more..." I turned and looked around. I feel like screaming. I'm about to lose it. We can't be in this situation, we just can't. Why? Why us?
"Well, try to explain," America said, shaking his head. "None of this makes sense. If you know what's going on, tell us!"
But I couldn't say anything. I think I'm in shock. It's hard to breathe, it's hard to think. I can't understand what's happening.
Is this really happening? Or is this just one of my super long, lucid, vivid nightmares? If it is, wake me up!
I closed my eyes and imagined myself, still laying in my bed in my bedroom, back at home, and when I wake up, I'll eat England's horrible pancakes with America and then we'll play video games with the TV volume all the way up, and then England would scold us...
Please, somebody, wake me up.
"Rosalie, are you okay? C'mon, tell us what's going on!"
"Rosalie, what's happening?"
I felt hands on my shoulders, but I tried to ignore them and let myself drift. This is just a dream. A nightmare...it'll all be over with a quick shake.
Whoever is holding my shoulders are now shaking the living crap out of me and I jumped, my eyes snapping open to meet concerned emerald eyes, accompanied with furrowed, thick eyebrows.
His surroundings are of trees and a sky that's getting darker as night approaches.
Before I knew it, tears filled my eyes and began falling down my cold cheeks.
"This really isn't a dream, is it?"

Germany's P.O.V

When I regained consciousness, I was shocked to find myself surrounded by trees.
"When did I get here...?" I muttered to myself, standing and taking in my surroundings.
I growled softly under my breath at the headache that pounds within my temples. The last thing I remember was that I was doing my best to ignore the loud music from the speakers, then there was an extremely high-pitched noise that pierced through my ears, causing myself to become immensely dizzy, then there was nothing. And now I find myself here, in these woods, walking around and hoping to find something to tell me where I'm at and where to go.
I brushed my hand through my hair, which is a bit messy from laying on the ground, but I shouldn't worry about that right now.
Leaves and twigs crunched under my boots as I walked, and it was the only sound I can really hear, besides the ocean waves in the distance, but I can't see the ocean through these trees.
Everything's strangely...silent. As if the air is empty. It's not very pleasant and I would be happy to get myself out of here as soon as I can.
What about everyone else? Are they still at the hotel? And again, how in the world did I get here? Do I sleep walk?
Thoughts and possibilities ran through my head as I tried to sort out the situation I'm in.
I think I should just find my way out and not worry too much about it, but as I looked up into the sky to find the sun for directions, I noticed how the sun is setting. It's getting dark, so I should find a way out fast.
I sighed. Well, the hotel is on the east coast of the island, so I should walk the opposite way of where the sun is setting. If I keep walking straight, I'll sooner or later find the hotel, even if it gets dark.
I bet Italy would be wondering where I am...I know how he is when he gets worried. He shouldn't be worried though, I'm just fine. It is, however, confusing as to why I'm here, but I'll sort that out another time.
Then I noticed a sudden breeze blowing around me. Shivers threatened to crawl up my spine, but I ignored it and looked around myself. This breeze is odd, chilling and unpleasant. Whispers ran through my head and I slowed my pace, my eyebrows furrowing.
I stopped walking so that I can concentrate on the sounds. Where's it coming from?
Then there's a voice speaking above all the others. Wait...is it shouting? What is it saying?
"West!"
I gasped and I turned around to see my older brother running towards me, looking pale, but relieved at the same time. I actually feel delighted to see him, too. At least I know he's alright, but why is he here?
"Preußen?" I asked as he slowed to a stop in front of me.
"Thank Gott I found you! There's...something strange going on here," he panted. That's when I noticed how wide his eyes are. Is he afraid? That's highly unusual, coming from him. But what could he be afraid of? I'm sure the worst things out here are the mosquitos and lizards.
"Bruder, are you alright? You look...distraught." I was debating whether I should say 'scared' or not, but I know how he is about pride.
Instead of denying it, like I knew he would have, his eyes shifted onto something behind me and his ruby red eyes widened even further. I was about to turn to see what he's looking at until he pointed in that direction.
"That's what's wrong."
Then, I turned around. My eyes widened in disbelief and my breath caught as I saw what I hoped I would never see again.
A familiar, too familiar, tall, faceless man stood not that far away from us, watching. An intense feeling crashed over me, causing my headache to get worse.
The whispers I've been hearing became clearer.
"Run while you can!"
"Don't let him get you!"
"Run and never look behind you!"
"West, run! Now!"
My brother's voice broke me from my trance and I looked at him in time to see him begin to run, so I ran along with him.
This is what America was talking to me about earlier, but I didn't believe him. I should have believed him.
Nein...this can't be happening. This can't be happening.