Chapter 41: Viewpoints

Andy's Journal

September 26

And of course Lethia writes in my journal after I tell her not to even look in there! Just now, I got angry at her and I felt like shit. She told me to either toss the note or keep it. I've decided to keep it and tuck it away inside the one of the many dividers in the notebook. Honestly, it might come in handy.

If anything, I'm going to write more in here now. I must plan out my thoughts and actions before I act on them. I am becoming even more tense than ever before.

September 27

The both of us woke up in a good mood. I caught Lethia snooping in my texts to Juliet. Really, she had the right to read them. It was my fault that they even existed.

We went laser tagging with Ash, Kane, Frey, CC, and Jake. She really let her wild side out. She even came in second place! And that's amazing, considering Jake plays Call of Duty 24/7.

September 28

I swear to God I almost had a heart attack! Those fucking idiots that tally up votes for acts fucked up! They announced on live television that Scraps was going home. But there was a really huge miscalculation they had missed, making the audience pissed beyond belief!

You should have seen Lethia's face. Her innocence was smacked out of her as soon as her band's name was called. The audience revolted and the band was horror-stricken. She looked like a poor, lost, small child.

She's now sleeping next to me. Defect Rhymez got voted off instead. That's also a real silly name for a band if you ask me.

September 29

So, a lot happened today. I'll have to go event by event.

First, upon arriving to rehearsal, we learn the acts must go into a ten-minute interview. Talk about bad timing! She confirmed our relationship and some intriguing information about the band that I didn't even know. The whole time, she had this smirk laced upon her face. She was cunning and mature. She knew the tricks and loopholes of the press. She dared not let them overpower her then!

I also introduced the song we would be singing this week: 'Deathbeds' by Bring Me The Horizon. She knew the song, front to back. I still have to brush up on my vocal abilities, as this week's theme is Act's Duet Choice.

And at the end of my day, Lethia broke free of her never-ending silence. She spoke of prophetic, alien voices taking root inside her head. They apparently told her right before elimination that there was a huge mistake with Joe and the readings he was going to say. She said she trusted them...and they were absolutely correct.

It boggles my thoughts to think that these foreign creatures slumber inside my love's mind. I guess it is something she has not yet fully been accustomed to. I mean, doesn't everyone have voices inside them? I do from time to time. Maybe it was just women's intuition? Maybe it was just a type of luck or karma? Maybe...

October 1

The past couple days, I have been away from my journal. And for good reason. I wasn't at the hotel!

I brought Lethia over to my house to stay after rehearsal. She helped clean up the pig sty that Juliet had created.

I also got her to sit down with a bottle of wine and let everything loose. She talked about her past origins and family members. She says she really misses her brother. I believe his name was Art. Yes, Art Custodire Harper. And I have sworn by Lethia that I will bring him to LA!