My Wish

-Hanasaki Kensuke's POV-

I pushed the front door and carried Kobayashi to my bed. I laid the unconscious Kobayashi down on my bed gently.

"I should...warm him up first.." I muttered and pulled the blanket over his thin body. He stopped shivering but his temperature was still high. I ran to the cabinet and pulled out a first-aid kit. I took out a few cooling packs and placed it over Kobayashi's forehead.

"That..should do it..." I looked over at his face. His complexion was bad, that means he wasn't eating or even drinking properly! Is hasn't been raining lately and the weather is scorching hot! It's important to keep hydrated, or you'll get sunstroke!

"I don't think he have any clean water to drink..." I said to myself as I grabbed a bottle of water. "Kobayashi... open your mouth.."

Kobayashi groaned and lolled back. He was unconscious and in this state, drinking water was the least of my worries...

"I guess we have to do it this way..." I thought to myself and held his chin up. I took a mouthful of water and locked my lips against his. At least, this way he can actually drink the water. I wiped off the water that dripped from the side of his mouth with my hand.

He's sweating a lot...he must be really dehydrated... I should wipe off his sweat so he wouldn't get colder.

I took out a cloth, unzipped his hoodie and pulled up his shirt. His body is even thinner than the last time. Well..if you're staying in that shop for two weeks straight, I guess it's natural that you lose weight.

While I was wiping the sweat off his body and arm, Kobayashi squirmed a little and mumbled softly.

"H....Hana..saki? W..here am I?"

I was stunned for a minute there. "Er...you're in my room...I found you in an abandon shop. Your body was burning up and your breathing seems ragged.."

Kobayashi didn't say anything.

"What happened? Why are you sick all of a sudden?" I asked him, not taking my eyes off his skinny pale body. Kobayashi turned his gaze away from me and said softly. "It's your fault...."

I was confused and baffled. What do he mean my fault? He fell ill because of me? "Kobayashi...were you hiding in there for two week because you are trying to avoid me?"

He nodded slowly. "That's the reason you fell sick?!"

He mumbled a yes. "What are you thinking? Why are you trying to avoid me that badly? If you really hate me, you could've said so...and I'll try my hardest to leave you alone..." I told him. At this point, I really wanted to hear his reason.

I shook off all the anxiety and straighten myself as I let out a sigh." You know what, I think I'll just focus on this first...and leave all the question after you're a little better..." I told him, pointing to his bare body.

Kobayashi looked down. "Y..you..undressed me?!" He said and stood up abruptly. Then, he swoon and fell back down.

"Ah..please don't move too much..you're still sick, lay down properly." I said,pushing him back down onto the bed gently. " I'm just trying to wipe your sweat so your cold won't worsen." I continued.

Kobayashi nodded and laid back down. Seems like he's alright... I got worried over nothing... I reached out to pat his head. His white hair was fluffy as usual. I missed him so much, his face, his voice, his behaviour and scent. Everything!

"I wish I could lock you up...."

"HUH?!"

Ah! Shit! I said that out loud!! Stupid me!!!