14

It had been about three weeks since I'd seen the Barca squad last. That was at the gala.

I had been working constantly and for majority of the time, I was speaking to my family and friends back in the USA through Skype and FaceTime.

My family were going to be staying here for a few days, which I was excited for. My mum said that she would be arriving by tomorrow. Lauren and I were making sure that the apartment was all perfect before they came.

There was food stacked in all the cabinets and the fridge. The bathroom was crystal clean, with fresh shampoo, soaps and toothbrushes. The living room smelt AMAZING because of the new candles we bought. Everything was up to a high standard and looked spotless.

I called the day off for tomorrow from work, considering I had been working constantly for these past few weeks and I wanted to make sure I wasn't worn out for when my family came over.

I had settled in with Lauren so well and wanted to show that to my parents. I didn't want them to see me as the 'immature nineteen year old' they know of.

Just as I was watching a bit of Netflix, my phone started ringing so I checked the caller ID before answering.

Rafinha.

I took a deep breath and answered the phone.

"Hello." I said.

"Hey, um are you free right now?" He asked, unsure.

"Um.. Not really, what's up?" I lied. I didn't really want to see him, just incase i'd do something stupid again.

"I just wanted to talk. Can we forget what happened at the night of the gala?" He quickly said.

I closed my eyes and sighed in relief.

"Yeah sure, don't worry. I mean it was just a kiss but yeah whatever." I laughed softly.

"I know but I don't want that to sort of effect what we have so um yeah.. That's all. Have a good evening." He ended the call, without listening to what I had to say.

I'm glad that was over with.

~The next day~

I heard a knock on the door and dived in straight to get it. Of course, it was my parents and Sofia.

"Carino!" My mother squealed.

"Hey guys!" I shrieked.

Before they came in, I was thrown with a bunch of hugs and god damn it, it was a tight hug.

They then brought all their bags to the living room, which Lauren went to go and put in the spare room.

"How have you guys been?" I asked my family.

"We've definitely missed seeing your face every day!" My dad said.

"By that they mean, crying for the first week because they missed you so much." Sofia retorted.

Lauren and I both chuckled.

"Lauren darling, how have you been?" My mum asked.

"I've been looking after your daughter, Sinu. She's a tough one." Lauren replied.

"Clara definitely didn't stop talking about you as much as I talked about Camila." My mum said, referring to Lauren's mum.

I loved Clara, she was so sweet. She was the one who convinced my parents to let us go to Spain. She believed that we were old and mature enough.

Lauren's family couldn't make it this time to see us but were planning a visit soon. As Christmas was coming up, Lauren and I were most likely going to America for a bit.