Chapter 9

We get home in no time, hauling the television into the house and into the living room. Archer sets it where the old tv was and starts to take it out of the box and connect it all together.

"Why don't you go get the boys? This will be done by the time you're home." Archer says. I smile and kiss his cheek, going back out the front door toward my sisters place to pick up my boys.

As much as I needed last night to myself, I really did miss my boys. They run down the stairs to me, tackling me in a hug. I laugh softly and hug them both just as tight.

"You guys have fun?" I ask.

They both start to talk at the same time about the sorts of things they got up to with their cousins. I half listen to what they are saying and thank my sister for having them before leaving and driving back home.

We get home and the boys practically leap out of the car and into the house. As I walk in, I hear giggles making me smile. When I come in view of them, I see Archer has my boys, one in each arm, carrying them under his armpits like footballs. I just smile and shake my head.

The set down on their own two feet and sit on the couch wanting to try out the new television. They connect it to their Xbox and start to play racing games against each other. Archer follows me to the kitchen.

"You should call her." He says, obviously knowing I want to speak to Arizona.

"I can't. I can't keep asking her to come around or go places with me and act like a couple in the moment when I know I'm not ready to move on. She deserves better." I say. He nods his head.

"Then maybe you should tell her to stop waiting for you." He says. I feel my heart ache a little.

"But I don't want anyone else to snatch her up." I say. Archer gives a weak smile.

"But you can't have it both ways." He says. I sigh and nod my head. I know I can't but I wish I could. I wish I could ask her to wait until I'm ready but I don't know when I'll be ready.

"I'll ask her over tonight and have a talk with her." I say. Dreading having to do this. Archer walks to me and gives me a hug, trying to show that he is here for me.

"I should go. My missus keeps texting me, asking when I'm getting home." Archer says with a light chuckle. I roll my eyes and smile.

"Don't keep her waiting." I say. He chuckles and nods his head, before grabbing his things and leaving.

I walk into the loungeroom and my boys are still playing their Xbox. I sit next to them, wrapping my arm around James, as he's sitting closest to me.

"Mummy when is Justin coming over?" James asks me. I smile, he obviously enjoys having another kid to play with.

"Soon baby." I say as I ruffle his hair.

I watch the game they are playing. Some silly game like crash bandicoot knock off for little kids.

It's quite entertaining watching them play, the way they move their whole bodies and the controller while turning sharp corners, the way they stick their tongues out in concentration and how they crash into the walls every thirty seconds.

As they play, I take out my phone, messaging Arizona. I can feel my heart beating like crazy and the knots in my stomach won't go away as I know what needs to be said but every inch of me thinks it's not the right decision. There is so much history between us.

*flashback*

I'm walking down the corridors of my school, I'm in the first exam period for year twelve. Which we call trials. My exam didn't finish until late, it's five in the afternoon, only teachers are here and the small proportion of my year group that did the exam with me.