Chapter 2

[Joey's POV]

"I'm home!" I hear in the hallway. Fay's on my lap and we're watching a cartoon. By we I mean her, because there's nothing that annoys me so much as kid cartoons. These days, I can't even remember the names of all the kidshows that are on tv. Pink dinosaurs, talking monkeys, a creature that is half cat half dog,... Too much weird stuff.

"Daddy!" She jumps off my lap and runs towards Shane.

"Hey sweetie!" I turn around to see that Shane picked her up and is playing with her blonde hairstrands, while asking how her day went.

"It was so awesome! Joey and I played a lot with toys, and watched Dowa and Diega, and ate waffles and went to the park with Puffy and-and." She chokes on her words.

"Seems lovely!" he says, with a big smile on his face.

"Honey, time to catch some z's," I say while standing up and walking towards her and Shane. "Good evening babe," I say, kissing him.

"It's alright, I'll put her in bed. Why don't you go lay down for a sec, and I'll be right back."

"Okay." I give Fay a kiss on the cheek, and caress her hair. "Sleep tight, honey-bunny!"

"You too, Joey." Shane grabs her hand softly and goes upstairs. I lay myself down on the couch and ten minutes later, he returns. He walks back to the hallway, much to my confusion. Then he returns, with a bouquet of red tulips.

"For you."

"What did you do wrong this time?" I ask jokingly. This caught me off guard. Shane's usually very caring, but I've never known him bring him flowers.

"I wasn't here today, that's what I did wrong."

"Aw honey! Don't feel bad because of that."

"No really. I should've just stayed here. But then again, I almost lost my job today, so if I didn't show up at all, they'd definitely have sent me packing."

"How come you almost lost your job?" I ask.

"I showed up late. Too busy being a total creep by looking at you while you were asleep."

"Really? Haha," I say, standing up and hugging him. "That's so sweet of you. Thanks."

"Don't thank me, Jumpy-Joey," he laughs.

"Wow! That's an old one. Haven't heard that one in a while," I smile. "Aren't you like starving?"

"Kind of."

"Great! I prepared some spaghetti."

"Ooohh perfect!"

I walk over to the kitchen to turn on the stove and reheat the spaghetti, when I feel Shane sneaking behind me and softly grabbing my hips.

"You know... I really hate leaving you. We used to be so close and intimate, but it's like our jobs cut our relationship in half. We barely see each other, and when we do, it's like we don't have anything to say."

I turn around and close the distance between us by laying my arms on his shoulders.

"That's normal, Shaney. We're adults, we both have jobs and responsibilities. That's part of growing up. Adult couples rarely see each other much, and I know that it sucks... Things are just different now, Shane. We're not seventeen anymore. We don't go to the same school anymore. We don't spend every minute of every day with each other anymore. Unfortunately..."

"Yeah I know... I just wish we could."

"That's why we have to live every minute we do spend time with each other." I say, turning back to the stove. "Gladly, tomorrow's Sunday. You can sleep in, and we'll do something fun tomorrow with Fay."

Shane encloses his arms around my waist and kisses my neck. " 'kay," he whispers, making my heart race. 

__

[Shane's POV]

"It's getting late, honey," I say, while yawning and turning the tv off. I'm laid on the couch with Joey between my legs and his back on my abdomen. He wrapped my arms around him.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm wrecked! Fay wanted to build a lego house, and it took like twelve and a half billion years."

"You guys had a lot of fun apparently," I say, laughing

"Yeah we did. We played with every toy we own, I think. And playing fetch with Puffy is so exhausting nothing like you see it in the commercials."

"Little Jo-jo is growing old," I tease him.

"What if I am?" he asks bewilderedly.

"Oh stop it Joey. You're not old! You're 26 for Christ's sake."

"Yeah... yeah. I guess I'm not old. But like seriously! All those toys we played with. Feels like my back's made of wood."

I snuggle my nose in his neck and whisper: "You do know that you're my favorite toy right?"

"Shane!" he whispers. "You naughty boy."

"But... it's true."

He smirks and turns around, facing me, and then closes the distance between us. His soft lips find mine, sending sparks all through my body. I slide my tongue in his mouth, while he moves his hands to my chest, then moving down to my belly. There, his hands linger.

"Let's- go- upstairs," he says, in between breaths.

Before we know it, our clothes are on the ground while Joey's on top of me in bed. Within seconds, he takes of my boxers and throws it across the room...