The New Alpha

Jade

We sat on the bench in silence for some time till the horses were done drinking and had started grazing on the grass nerby. I called Torque to me and climbed back into the saddle. Looking back behind me i saw Zach climbing back on ferm and we were off. I started Torque off at a slow trot befor turning to smile at Zach and nudging Torques sides. He shot off like a rocket leaving Zach startled behind us. I raced off to the other side of the field jumping the fence, heading into the woods. I lessoned to Torques hoof beats as we raced through the trees to the center of the forest to were the lake was. I pushed Torque faster pushing him to his limit. The freedom I felt on horse back was so diffrent. I felt powerful and strong, nothing comparied to my wolf form but this came in a very close second. I herd another set of hoof beats behind us and turned in the saddle to see Zach gaining on us. I was supprised he could handle ferm at a full blown run. I leand forward a wispired faster in Torques ear, his legs beat harder. We were almost at the lake. I pulled my legs from the strups and put my feet  on the saddle gettinng ready to jump. The lake came into view and I encoraged Torque to go fast again. He was going to run right into the water. Again i looked behind me and zach was loosing ground i smiled. he would never ketch torque, as torque hit the shore i jumped up into the weaping willow by the shore, swinging my self into higher brantches with ease. Torque crashed into the water jumping, kicking, and pawing the water. Zach came up on the seen with panic on his face. he must think i fell into the water. i watched at zach pulled ferm to a hault and jumped from the saddle. he ran into the water grabbing torques ranges and pulling him out of the lake. he then ran in seaching the shore.

"JADE!" Zach screamed

"Yes." I replied swing to a lower branch were i could be seen. he swung around and looked at me. i put a large smile on my face.

"I thought you got thrown." he said stomping out of the water. looking up he started laughing.

"Whats so funny?"

"You  look like a tree niphe. very tempting but i cant touch." he stood there looking at me. i lost my smile.

"really a tree creature, well i guess this jokes going to the dont do again bucket." I dropped to the grownd not making very much sound.

"I said tree niphe not some tree creature. I thought you looked very pretty in the tree.

 i walked over to torque making sure he was ok not saying anything back, then unsaddled him and grabbed the blanket laying it near the edge of the water. Zach joined me on my blanket, i stole a side ways glance at him. he really hadnt changed much since i had last seen him, only his personality had any diffrence. We sat in silence looking at the clear blue lake.

"Why did you want to be friends with me?" Zach asked me

"I thought it was a fair trade for all your effort for the last two years." i responded thinking of every letter that came

"Did you really read ever letter?" he asked wrapping his arms around his knees. again he didnt look at me.

" yes. i read every one and sent every one back." again i answered his question honistly

"why." he turned to look at me. " why not just write me back."

"I always thought you would come after me. i thought youd chase me down and tell me how stupid you and how you wanted me. those letters just werent what i was looking for from you."  i looked at him he had shock on his face. " i know little girls dreams." 

"I always thought you needed your space, i cant seem to do anything right with you can I." he said looking back at the lake

"Your here now." i said looking at him.