41 - real life

Blood. so much blood.
Kora stretched her hand out, reaching for her phone, possibly the only thing that could save her. She grasped it, tainting the screen with droplets of red as she clicked on her last call.

The bullet wound seeped, just as her tears fell. With each ring of the phone, she knew this was it. Almost as if the phone was beckoning her to death, a call from the reaper himself.

She thought of her family. She would miss Aidyn. The girl was a handful but she meant the world to Kora. She should have visited her more - this life was too short.

She thought of her friends. Gigi, the 5H girls, even Kendall whom she hasn't had to time to speak to recently. They deserved so much more than her, but they chose her. And she would be forever thankful for that.

She thought of Camila. How the Cuban's hair fell in soft waves around her body, how her eyes would twinkle when Kora would sing gently to her, how she laughed when jokes were made, how proud she was of the Mitchell. She would miss Camila's unconditional love - the kind where Kora knew it would all work out in the end.

And it did work out, didn't it? Kora was beginning to be unable to see, and she knew from the puddle of blood that she was laying in, that it would be a miracle if she survived this.

Just as she faded out, she heard a scream, while hands gently grabbed on to her body.

It was a fun ride.