37 || Under Siege

As soon as they were fully materialized on the platform, Captain Kirk sprinted to the nearest console. Ignoring the chaos around him, he quickly connected the communications channel and tried to bail the bridge. There was not response. Kirk swore under his breath, hailing anyone who could answer. What's going on up there?" He demanded.

It was his first officer who responded, his usually comprised voice haggard and breathless. "Several lifeforms have been transported aboard the Enterprise," The sounds of phaser fire accompanied Spock's response.

"What's happening?!"

There was a crackling noise and suddenly communications were dead. "Damnit!" Kirk swore, turning and limping down the hall. "Chekov, Uhura, get to the bridge! I'll meet you there in a second. You," Kirk looked at Faaren. "With me."

Bones stepped in front of the captain. "Just where do you think you're going?"

Captain Kirk  stepped past him without a second glance. "To figure out what the hell is going on!" he yelled over his shoulder, running down the hallway with Faaren.

✵✵✵

Spock fired at the group of pursuing intruders. His communicator had been shot from his hand and now was little more than a smoldering mess of twisted metal lying forgotten on the ground.

He turned the next corner and suddenly found himself face to face with Jaylah, her phaser aimed straight at his head. Seeing that it was the commander, she relaxed and opened her mouth to say something when their brief moment of respite was broken.

Shots hit the corner of the wall as the aliens approached. Jaylah walked past Spock and fired several shots over the corner. She didn't expect to hit anything, it was just to send them scurrying for cover.

"Who are they?" Jaylah asked.

"That I do not know," Commander Spock replied, checking the power banks of his phaser.

"They are in engineering as well," She informed him.

An alien suddenly dashed around the corner. Before Spock could shoot it, Jaylah had swung her staff around and knocked him to the ground. Two more aliens advanced, but they didn't stand a chance.

"There are more here," She said, stepping over a body. Pale blue blood seeped down her arm from a small wound, but it wasn't serious enough to bother her. She shoved her white hair back over her shoulder and started down the hallway.

Spock crouched beside one of the unconscious aliens.

"Commander Spock," Jaylah called when she realized he was not following her.

Spock set his hand on the alien's face and closed his eyes.

"What are you doing?" She demanded, but he didn't answer. He was as still as stone, lost to the world around him. Jaylah grimaced, about to walk over and drag the commander along with her when she saw more aliens heading towards them. She ducked behind the wall just as they began to open fire.

Jaylah fired back, but they were scattered and moving quickly, it was difficult to hit the target. They would need to run.

Spock's eyes opened and he stood just as the aliens rounded the corner. Jaylah sprinted past him to the next hallway, grabbing his arm and yanking him behind cover.

"What was that?" she asked as they took off running once more.

"These individuals are here to serve as a distraction," Spock explained, ducking as shots tore through the air around them. "We must report to the bridge immediately."

Jaylah ducked around a corner as the aliens advanced. "What about the crew?"

"The rooms are currently sealed under safety protocols, as are the turbo lifts."

They rounded a corner and Spock headed to a maintenance hatch, trying to force the metal open. He strained under the force, but even with his enhanced strength, it wasn't enough.

Jaylah rushed to his side to assist. The screws suddenly snapped and the covering tore from the floor. Spock held it open and Jaylah climbed inside, dropping several feet to the narrow shaft below. She looked up at the commander.

"Inform the captain this is merely a distraction and we must not, under any circumstances, let the enemy ship escape," he told her, speaking very quickly. "It is imperative for he continued existence of this system and perhaps even the universe itself, " he added, letting the metal hatch fall back into place.

"Commander Spock!" Jaylah yelled.

She stood in the shaft for a long second, listening to the aliens passing above her. She turned to the winding and narrow halls stretching away from her. Closing her eyes a moment, she attempted to recall the various schematics and maps Scotty had showed her in occasion. A million possible routes ran through her head.

"Go left!" She said to herself, turning and dashing down the hall on the left.

She reached the end and a narrow shaft stretched high above her. There was no ladder, but that wasn't a problem. She jumped and pushed off the wall, swinging the staff around and catching it on the floor above. She pulled herself up onto the next level.

It didn't take long before the pounding of boots on the metal ground echoed through the narrow shafts behind her.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter of Star Trek Oblivion! Feel free to leave a vote/ comment as it helps out and means a lot!

Live long and prosper,

Ellie