3. New Year

GxB Enjoy!

I put the phone to my ear, hearing only the sound of my heartbeat. There is a small silence on the other end before I hear his sweet voice say, "Hello?"

"H-hello," I choke out. I feel the suspense grow, as I start to get scared. What if he's going to friend zone me?

"Krystal," he says. "I just want to apologize for how I acted last night. I was extremely drunk."

Ouch. Friend zoned it is. I force myself to smile and say, "It's okay, Mike. You were drunk, it's not like you would do that if you were sober. Plus, your girlfriend broke up with you yesterday."

There is a small silence before he replies, sounding a little hurt. "Yeah. But, really, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Really," I say, a tear trickling down my cheek. I clear my throat and say, "So, that party still going?"

"Yeah," he says, sounding like himself again. "You gonna be there? There'll be a lot of hot guys."

"You aren't counting yourself in that group are you?" I ask playfully. I hear him scoff and I can even see him pushing his chest out and flexing his muscles.

"Oh, baby, you know that I'm at the top of that list," he says back, probably wiggling his eyebrows. I chuckle thinking, Yeah, you are.

"Yeah?" I ask, still playful. "Well, I guess we'll put that up to the test tonight."

"Is that a challenge?"

"Yeah."

"Deal," he says in a deep voice, probably with his right hand out for a handshake while his left is holding an imaginary breif case. I hear the sound of yelling in the back ground and he sighs saying, "I gotta go, Hannah let herself in again, and I'm not dressed."

I chuckle, my thoughts wandering to what he looks like. I manage to say, "Later." and hang up before I slip and say something I might regret.

A party. Maybe tonight I can find a new guy and get over Mike. There we go. My New Year's resolution is to get over Mike.

To Be Continued...{Or Not}