Chapter 5: Move on...

"Liliana..." I stare at her confused. Her face is as shocked as mine.

"Wilder. What... what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I tell her. My tone hard.

Staring back at me she looks down until Alpha Amel stands next to her. "I take it this is the girl you are looking for?" Asking as he wraps his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him.

"Is it that obvious? Didn't the shock on my face answer your question?" I retort clenching my fists on my side as I glare at his arm around her.

"Wilder." Liliana warns now looking at me. 

"It's alright baby girl. I do not blame him for being confused. I would react the same if the girl, my ex no less, that I was looking for was found in another man's house after being away for two years." 

There is no response from either of us. I continue to glare at them until Amel speaks again. "I believe the two of you need to speak alone." 

"No"

"Yes." she and I say in unison. Liliana glares at me.

"I already told Wilder what I needed to tell him."

"You did not tell me anything that explains why you left, where you have been and why you are back." Taking a step towards her I notice Amel taking a protective stance. 

"I really do not need to explain anything to you Wilder. Except that I left and now I am back to finish school... and that I am with Amel." 

Squinting my eyes I hold off from blowing up at her. Especially at Amel who still has his arm wrapped around her. I feel like ripping it off.

"Lili..." He tells her softly, caressing her cheek with the back of his hand causing me to growl lowly. "I think you need to."

Liliana looks into his eyes then at me taking a deep breath. "Fine."

Kissing the side of her head he turns his head to face me. "I will be in the living room if you need me." Being curt he then leaves the office while she and I stare at one another.

The door shuts close and the staring contest between us continues. "So, you are with him now." I say more of a statement.

"Yes."

Shaking my head in disbelief I ask. "For how long?"

"Over a year now."

"Hmm... a year. Interesting." I say as I begin to walk around her then stop behind her. Leaning down so I was above her ear I ask. "Why?"

"Why what?" 

"Why did you leave? Why are you back...and why are you... with him?" I ask still behind her. His scent on her causes me to scrunch my nose in disgust.

She stays quiet until she turns around to look me in the eyes. The way she used to when we were together. The way she used to when she had something important to say, especially when she would tell me she loved me. I was always able to know through her eyes when she was telling the truth or what she was feeling. Her beautiful chocolate eyes could never keep anything away from me. "I already told you Wilder. My dad had a job offer and we had to leave as soon as possible."

Looking in between her eyes I know she is lying. Even her heartbeat tells me she is. "Why are you lying? You always told me the truth about everything. When did you start lying? Especially to me Liliana. We always told each other the truth." Holding her face in my hands.

Trying to pull away I keep her in place. "Look who is talking about telling the truth." She spits pushing me off her. "You think I am lying about why I left? How about all the lies you have told? Huh? I had no choice but to leave. I was a minor and had to do what was told by my parents. I did not have the luxury to defy them and stay back. Is not like you could have done anything about it."