Chapter 4: Finding her...

Sitting in class I could not focus on what the teacher was saying. All I could think about was Liliana and what she had told me. She was in love with someone else... madly in love.

After Liliana took off, I tried to go look for her, but Kendra had stopped me. She told me that I should just let her be and not miss classes. I would not be setting a good example to my pack if I cut classes to go chase after a human girl. The human girl that after two years had come back to only break my heart again.

The sound of the bell ringing indicated that it was the end of the school day. Now I can look for her and really get the answers that I need.

"Hey baby. Are you coming over to my house now?" Kendra asks as she locks her arm around mine.

Pulling away from her I glare down. "No. I have things to do." Then walk away. I need to get out of here and find out where Liliana is staying. Kendra is not going to distract me.

Making my way out of the room and into the hallway, I see Juliana, Liliana's best friend. "Hey Juliana. Wait up." Calling out to her.

Stopping, she turns to look at me, rolls her eyes and continues walking with her friends.

Running after her I stop in front of her so she could stop. "What do you want Wilder?" Snapping at me. She never liked me.

"I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

I narrow my eyes at her. "You know about what? Did you know?"

Staring at me for a few seconds, Juliana side steps me and keeps walking. Turning I grab her arm and pull her back. I know she is going to be pissed off. Tilting her head she gives me a look that can kill. "Get your hand off me Wilder."

I keep my grip on her arm, not too hard since she is human but tight enough so she would not walk away. "Not until you tell me if you knew Liliana was coming back." Gritting at her. I know she knew. Liliana tells Juliana everything and I know that they kept in contact for the past two years.

Continuing to glare at me she sighs. "Yes, of course I knew. We are best friends Wilder."

I let go of her arm which she quickly rubs with her other hand. "Why is she back... why did she not call me and tell me?" I ask but more to myself.

"She is the one that has to tell you." Turning on her heels, I watch her walk away.

"Do you know where she is staying?" Yelling out hoping that she would at least tell me that.

"Yes..." However, she continues on her way with nothing else to add.

Grunting I make my way to the main office to see if I can get my hands on Liliana's file. I was not leaving until I know where she lives.

Walking in, I see Mrs. Brooks who is the secretary in front of the desk talking to another student. Once they leave, she looks my way and smiles. "Mr. Hayes, hello. How may I help you?"

"Hi, Mrs. Brooks. I was wondering if you can help me with some information."

Ten minutes later I am making my way to my car. Mrs. Brooks was nice enough to give me Liliana's address after I explained everything to her, plus, her knowing that I was the next Alpha, she had no choice but to give me the information.

Looking at the piece of paper with the address, I type it in the GPS and wait for the directions and once it was ready, I take off to her house.

Taking me a good twenty minutes to drive, I realize that I am reaching the next town over. Where the next pack resides... the Crimson Blood Pack.