Chapter 2: Where have you been?

"Liliana?" I hear myself say out loud causing everyone to turn around and look at me, including Mr. Litman and Liliana who looks freaked out to see me.

"I take it you know Ms. Linares, Mr. Hayes?" Mr. Litman questions now staring at me.

My eyes are glued to hers. I cannot believe that she is here. Am I dreaming again? Snapping out of my thoughts I clear my throat. "As a matter of fact, sir, I do. Liliana and I were-..." I begin to say but her voice cuts me off.

"We were friends until I had to move a few years ago sir." She glances up at him with a fake smile. Friends? That stings my heart a bit when she and I were each other's first love.

"Ah, I see. Well, since you two are acquainted and there is no other seat available, you may go seat next to Mr. Hayes. I hope there will not be a problem with the two of you talking and catching up." He tells us sternly looking back and forth between us.

Liliana shakes her head no quickly. "Not to worry sir. We will not be catching up during class or at all." The last part she says lowly, but I was able to hear her.

"Good, now take your seat so we can get started." He tells her nodding his head to dismiss her.

Liliana takes a deep breath and makes her way towards the aisle to where I am sitting with her head down. The seat to my left is empty since the kid that used to seat there moved away. Stopping next to the desk she places her bag down and hesitates to sit. I am still staring at her in disbelief realizing that she is actually in fact here and looks more beautiful than before. Except that her hair is longer and is curvier than before. Do not get me wrong, Liliana has always had curves in the right places and even though she is younger, she looks older and more developed than girls her age.

Pulling her seat out I motion to her to sit and slowly she does. When she does, she scoots the chair a few inches away from me. Does she really not want to be near me?

"Thank you." She whispers without eye contact and her voice that I have missed so much makes my stomach flip. Liliana always made me feel a certain way that no other girl could. Even her whispers caused butterflies in my stomach.

"Anything for you." I whisper back leaning closer to her. Her scent invades my nose and that is why the mysterious scent in the hallway smelled familiar. It was hers and I had it stored in my memory.

Throughout the class I stole glances at Liliana without her even looking my way. I know she felt my burning eyes on the side of her head. I can also smell her nervousness along with a male's scent causing me to get agitated. I will figure that out later because right now I need to focus on other things. Like finding out why she moved away and never bothered to contact me afterwards. Was it something I had done to cause her to cut all ties with me? We loved each other and I refuse to believe that we did not mean anything to one another to have her not want to contact me and let me know she was alright.

"Class, to make things easier on me of course, your partner will be the person sitting next to you for this project...." Hearing Mr. Litman tell the class. You can hear grunts and disapproval from most of the class except from me. 

A wide smile formed on my face as I turn to look at Liliana who was shaking her head no and saying lowly. "This cannot be happening." 'Oh, but it is'. I think to myself.

"...you and your partner will choose a story and pick a scene to re-enact in front of the class. I will give you until the end of this semester to present it in front of the class. It could be from any book. And please. No sex scenes." He says making the class laugh. "I will give you guys the last five minutes of class to discuss it with your partner. If you have any questions, ask now." A few kids raise their hands, so Mr. Litman walks up to them to answer them. I take the opportunity to talk to Liliana who is still looking away from me.

"Liliana. Please look at me." I say softly waiting for her to turn my way and after a few seconds she does.

"What book do you want to do?" Automatically she asks taking me back. That is what she wants to talk about?

"Liliana, forget the assignment right now. Where have you been? Why did you not contact me? Do you know how worried sick I was when you disappeared out of my life without a trace? I thought that -- that you hated me. That you did not love me. Why? Why did you leave and never call me after? Huh? Please tell me." Grabbing her hand in my mine I plead with my eyes. The warmth of her hand makes me feel calm in some way, so I squeeze it lightly just to reassure myself that she is actually real.

"Wilder." She says with a sigh shaking her head. "There is nothing to say. I had to leave that is all I can tell you. Plus, why should it matter now? From what I heard it did not take you long enough to move on." Scoffing at me she snatches her hand away from mine. "If you want to think about book ideas, just let me know tomorrow and I will think of some also. Other than this class assignment, I do not want to talk to you about you and me. That was in the past and we are two different people now..." She says trailing off and I know it is painful for her to say them.

"Liliana, you and I both know that things between us never ended. How could it when the girl that I had loved just leaves out of my life without a goodbye? Did I mean nothing to you that you could just leave like that? I did not think you could be a cold-hearted bitch." I snap and as soon as the word came out of my mouth, I instantly regretted it.

Liliana gasps lowly and quickly turns her head away, and before I can apologize the bell rings. "Well, this cold-hearted bitch sacrificed everything so you can have the life you were entitled to." Standing up she grabs her bag from the floor and quickly makes her way to the classroom door.

Standing up I curse under my breath. How could I call her a bitch? She is nothing but that. I make my way to the door until I feel a hand on my shoulder. Turning around I see Nicco giving me a worried look. "I take it you heard?" I ask him.

Nodding his head yes, he sighs. "Give her time."

"That is the problem, Nicco. We have lost too much time away from each other. She just came back, and I do not want to lose her again." Turning away I make my way out of the classroom on the search for Liliana. There is so much I want to know, need to know and she is the only one who can answer them. Especially the part when she said she sacrificed everything so I can have the life I was entitled to.

    *Nicco Sterling played by Roman Shlyakis and Wilder Hayes played by Dan Rockwell*

A/N: 09/01/2016

Hey guys. Happy September. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm sorry I haven't updated, I was away for my grandmother's Burial service and my kids just started school so I have been busy.

What do you think of Lilian's somewhat of an explanation to Wilder. Why did she leave? Will she tell him? I will try to update again soon but no promises since I am trying to update my other stories.

Enjoy the rest of your week and Good luck to those who started school already.

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting.