Chapter 1: The Scent...

"Yo Wilder! Hold up." Turning around I see none other than my best friend and Beta Nicco.

"What's up?" I ask him once he is next to me. Currently I am walking down the hallway to my locker before the first bell rings for homeroom.

"Do you have everything set for Friday night?" He asks.

"Yeah. My parents made sure everything for the celebration is set. There will be other packs there also. My dad made sure to invite them. Just so I have a better chance to find my mate." I tell him reaching my locker.

"Hi, Wilder. Hi, Nicco." A few girls passing us by wave and giggle. We get that a lot everywhere we go.

"Hey girls." We say in unison but continue what we are doing.

"You think you will find your mate at the party?" Nicco asks as he leans against the lockers facing me.

"Hope so." Shrugging my shoulders. I guess I am hoping I will but lately I have been thinking and dreaming about Liliana. My first love.

"Hope so or do not want to?" He asks knowing that I am still hung up on her.

Not responding I grab my books and close the locker door shut. My silence tells him the answer and I am thankful that he does not push the issue.

We continue walking down the hallway to our homeroom saying hi to other people who greet us. Since I will be the next Alpha, I need to be social with wolves and non wolves. Our high school is mixed with humans and other wolves from my pack and surrounding ones, so we do not need to hide what we are. The humans have even accepted our kind.

As we were reaching our room I stop in my tracks. Lifting my head up I sniff the air. "Dude, what the hell is wrong?" Nicco asks staring at me quizzically.

"Do you smell that?" I ask still sniffing the air around us as I take a few steps forward.

"Smell what? The only thing I smell is sweat, nasty body odor and hormones." He says with disgust.

Not responding I take a long whiff of the scent that is faint in the air. It smells sweet, alluring -- familiar.

"You seriously do not smell that?" Stopping I ask him again. I need to know where the scent is coming from and who it belongs to.

"Nah dude. Wait, can it be your mate you are smelling?" 

Turning around I cock my brow to him. Could it be that I am smelling my mate's scent? "Not sure." I say looking around. "My eighteen birthday is not until Friday. So how can it be possible to smell them yet?" Wolves can smell or sense their mates only when they turn eighteen so it could not be possible to be smelling them. Right?

"Hmm, you are right." Nicco agrees with me.

Looking around I was going to try to follow the scent except the first warning bell rings. "Damn it."

"Come on, we gotta go before we are late." Nicco taps me on the chest while I continue to glance around the hallways. There are a lot of kids around making it hard to pinpoint where the scent is coming from.

Nicco begins to head towards our homeroom, but I keep my feet planted on the floor still looking. "Yo Wilder, let's go!" Nicco exclaims from behind me.

"Yeah, coming." I say taking one more glance around the now semi empty hallway before I turn around to head to homeroom. Whoever that scent belongs to has made me aware of something. I just have to figure it out.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The morning goes by pretty fast and am still wondering about the scent. It is so familiar and intoxicating though it was faint. I am drawn to it. After homeroom I had gone to math class and once, I walked into the room, I smelled it. Then after math walking in the hallway to go to History, I smelled it again. The scent was clouding my senses, and I could not focus during class. 

Now I am walking into English class thinking about the scent and who the hell it belongs to. Reaching my desk, I see Nicco coming in with a worried expression on his face. Raising my brows to him I watch him walking towards me. "Dude, I was trying to mind link you."

"Sorry. I blocked everyone out." I apologize.

He shakes his head. "I need to tell you something important. I am not sure how you are going to react to it..." He trails off. 'Well, this does not sound good'. 

"What is it?" I ask but right when he opens his mouth to speak the bell rings and our teacher Mr. Litman speaks. "Alright students find your seats."

Nicco narrows his eyes at me then turns to sit down on the other side of the room. Watching him he lifts his hand and points to his head. Nodding I unblock the wall for our mind link. A second later I hear him. "Wilder, she is back." Nicco turns his head towards me.

I stare at him furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Who is back?"

He was about to say something when we hear the classroom door open and the scent that I was smelling all morning hits my nostrils. "Sorry I am late. I am new here." The female voice says nervously. Once I hear the voice my head snaps towards it and my eyes widen at the sight. It could not be.

"Ah yes, I was informed I will get a new student. Miss?" I hear Mr. Litman ask and as she says her name, I say it at the same time. "Liliana. Liliana Linares."

"Liliana?"

A/N: 08/23/2016

Hey guys, decided to update. Sorry if it's short. Just wanted to update a chapter.

I will try to update again soon...

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting...Bye guys.