Chapter 5| You're So Fake Even Barbie Would Be Jealous

Yay guys! I'm finally back. My exams are over and I'm freeeee!

Yehet! Ohorat! Yehet! Ohorat! Yehet! Ohorat! Yehet! Ohorat! Yehet! Ohorat! Yehet! Ohorat!

Uh.. you guys go on with the chapter. Because my 'yeheting session' isn't going to stop any time soon. 😅

Yehet! Ohorat! Yehet! Ohorat!

_______________________

I blinked.

Once. Twice. Thrice.

No. I wasn't seeing things. It was actually him. His brown eyes staring straight down at my hazel ones.

I never really had the chance to observe his eyes closely before. But with that proximity, I could see every detail. I realized that his eyes weren't fully brown, they had  hints of hazel in them. And unlike my plain and dull hazel ones, his ones were bright and somehow held both mischief and geniality which made me feel kinda jealous of him.

I didn't know for how long I was staring at his eyes but I was cut out my trance when I heard footsteps that were nearing us. That was when I actually took notice of our closeness which was definitely uncomfortable.

My first instinct was to place myself back in my comfort zone and the only way to do that was get away from him. So, I sprang apart from him as if he was on fire.

But I soon regretted my actions as I realized how rude that probably was considering the fact that he just saved me from not so gracefully landing on the floor and breaking my nose on the process due to falling face first.

Yeah. I should definitely be thankful. Because if it wasn't for him, my facial structure would've probably changed by now.

So, not wanting him to misunderstand me, I looked downwards and softly muttered out a 'sorry'.

"It's alright."

He then bent downwards making me confused until I realized that he was picking up a bag which I assume to be a sports bag. But because of my lack of knowledge on sports, I couldn't figure out which sport it was. Probably it fell down during the 'saving me the clumsy cat' process.

After collecting his stuff, he was back on his feet, brushing off any invisible dust that happened to be on his attire. Then he finally looked at me again, eyeing me up and down, making me feel a bit uneasy for some reason. I wonder if he remembered me. I mean he had seen me a lot of times before during their, well, brawling session. But I don't really think that he notices any of us during that time because he would always be too busy frowning at a certain straight haired spectacles wearing brunette.

"So, what's all the rush about...." the trailing off in his voice couldn't be mistaken as his eyes fell on my camera. "..Camera girl."

He smirked at me, clearly amused at the name he gave. Blinking, I opened my mouth to say something but stopped when I heard footsteps nearing us from behind.

I turned backwards and saw my cousin who stopped in front of me, holding his knees for support, panting like an exhausted puppy which he was at that very moment.

Took you long enough, Baek.

After his breathing got a bit even he stood up straight. "Seriously Rae, you really need to learn how to not run so fast." He said air quoting the word 'not' with his fingers.

"What do you eat for breakfast huh? Oh, let me guess. Probably-" he stopped talking when he finally  seemed to take notice of the person behind me. He tilted his head a bit and blinked as a look of confusion was on his face.