Chapter 4 - The Ex-Boyfriend and The Therapist

© 2014, Maggie Kim. All Rights Reserved.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2014!!! YEAH!!!

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 4 - The Ex-Boyfriend and The Therapist

June 25, 2013

“Honey, you’ve been acting weird for the past few days, are you alright?” Patricia looked worriedly at her son; Zayn’s been acting really weird lately, ever since he came back from London a few days ago. When the news of Louis’s death came, Patricia blamed Zayn’s behavior on his death, they may have broken up but they were still best friend. It was when Zayn’s mood made a 180 turn and he became happy, happier than someone whose friend just died should be. Thinking that the death must have messed with his head, she decided to send him to a couple sessions of therapy since he refused to talk to her.

“I don’t get it! Why are you wasting money sending me here? If I refuse to tell you anything, do you honestly think I’ll tell a complete stranger?” Zayn barked out, annoyed that his mom is sending him to this Dr. Horan to try to get him to open up.

“Yes, and we’re here.” Patricia answered, parking the car and shooing Zayn out, “I’ll be back in a few hours, and I trust that you will not ditch these sessions, Dr. Horan is a busy man and very hard to book an appointment with.” Zayn wanted to argue but he knew her mother will not take no as an answer, he reluctantly walked into the building, determined to just stay silent the whole time.

“Zayn Malik.” He said to the front desk, they nodded and pointed to a door at the end of the hallway, it was a big door and bronze tag that states NIALL HORAN. He pushed open the door, walking into the room he sees a blonde boy,

“Do you know a Dr. Horan?” Zayn asked, thinking the boy was a client.

“That would be me.” The boy answered with a smile, “Zayn Malik I believe?” Nodding in disbelief Zayn was tempted to call his mom and tell her she’s been ripped off, very busy man my ass, he looks no older than 20.

“Please take a seat.” Niall gestured to the couch in front of him, “Now, tell me about this boyfriend of yours.”

“Why should I? Besides, he’s my ex-boyfriend now. How do you know that anyways?” Zayn argued, not wanting to tell the boy anything.

“I’ve took the time to check out your file. So... He’s your ex-boyfriend now? C’mon Zayn, just tell me.” Niall practically whined. “Besides, I will have to report to your mother; don’t you think it’d be easier on her and you if you told me in this session and not have to come anymore? Or have you taken a liking in me and want to see more of me?” Niall teased, with that Zayn tensed,

“No!” Zayn angrily shouted.

“No? Is there someone else in the picture? This story gets more interesting by the minute!” Niall exclaimed. “Zayn, don’t you think you would feel better after this? It’s not like I’m going to tell anyone this, all clients’ information are confidential.” Zayn eventually gave in, beginning his story.

“I had been dating Louis since my freshmen year in university, we believed that we were meant to be, soul mates. We spent practically every day together; we even made plans to get married after university, adopt two kids, a boy and a girl.” The next sentence came out a little hesitant, “It was our third year in university when Harry came into the picture. After seeing him, I wasn’t so sure about Louis anymore, and every time Harry hangs out with Louis, I feel that I was more jealous of Louis than Harry. It was half-way through the year when I realized my feelings for Harry. I didn’t act on it at first; I wasn’t going to end my relationship of two years just because I was infatuated with another guy. So I had decided to confess to Harry, if he felt the same, then I was willing to be with him, if he didn’t, I will continue to be with Louis.” Before Zayn could continue, Niall cut him off,

“Don’t you think that’s a bit messed up though, I mean, what if Louis found out?”

“Do you want to hear the story or not?” Niall immediately shut up, letting Zayn continue his story.

“It turns out that Harry also wanted to talk to me. When I confessed, he asked me about Louis, and I told him that if he’s willing to be with me, then I’ll break up with him. Harry looked so happy; I thought he felt the same... So I broke up with Louis, I could tell it broke his heart, I could tell that he wanted answers, but all I could say is that I was in love with someone else. The next day, Louis wasn’t at school, and Harry wasn’t either. It was a week later when I saw them, hand in hand. I tried to talk to Harry, but he completely ignored me. It was when I saw them kissing had I finally realize that this was Harry’s plan all along, his smile wasn’t from my confession, it was from me telling him that I am willing to break up with Louis...” Zayn trailed off.

“Zayn, are you here to get over Harry? Get love advice? Because although I love your story, I can’t understand why you came.” Niall questioned, genuinely interested in the reason why Zayn’s here.

“Louis died.” Niall was shocked; he wasn’t expecting Zayn to say that.

“It was three days ago... I was there, was originally going over to tell him the truth about our breakup, it has been 2 years and I think he deserves the truth.” Zayn didn’t say anymore, and Niall could tell, so with a quick ‘oh look at the time’, their session was over.

“Zayn, how was it?” Patricia asked on their way home,

“Yeah, it does feel better after you get it off your chest.”

 ____________________________________________________________

Yay! An update! I'm so sorry if the therapist part is a bit awkward, I have never been to a therapist so I have no idea how it works and I'm just trying my best >.<~

Btw, Zayn doesn't live with his mom, he just went to visit her.

Also, I wanted to share my New Years resolution with everyone! So my first is to reach 200 fans, so if you like this book, please fan! Also, my second is to update this book every 2 weeks so by the end of this year, I should have 30 chapters out! 

Vote, comment, fan x