Chapter 2 - The Girlfriend and The Doctor

© 2013, Maggie Kim. All Rights Reserved.

A update... Yay. 

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 2 - The Girlfriend and The Doctor

June 21, 2013

Anna woke up in the morning, feeling refreshed as she turned to face her boyfriend of 3 years, just to find that he wasn’t there. Her mood drastically changes as all these bad thoughts filled her head.

What if he doesn’t want me anymore?

Is this the end?

Is this his way of breaking up with me?

As more thoughts run through her head, tears began to fall and the screams began. She got out of bed, grabbing whatever she can and smashing it on the ground hoping it’d make her feel better, but it held no relief. It wasn’t until the door to the bedroom opened and Liam rushed in panicking, did Anna stop her hysteria.

“Babe, Anna, what’s wrong?” Liam asked gently, carrying her bridal style to the bed and slowly caressing her hair, trying to calm her.

“I thought you left me.” Anna whispered, her voice breaking at the end from her screaming earlier. “I thought you didn’t care about me anymore and is leaving me for another woman.”

“Why would you ever think that?” Liam announced loudly, shocked that his girlfriend for thinking he didn’t care.

“Because I always overreact! I’m possessive and obsessive! Why do you still want me Liam?! IS IT THE SEX? THAT MUST BE THE REASON WHY YOU’RE STILL WITH ME!” Anna began screaming again, pulling Liam down she smashed her lips onto his. She flipped them so that she is on top of him.

“This is what you want right? As long as I give it to you, you won’t leave me right?” Anna stated as she began to unbutton Liam’s shirt. “Please don’t leave me...”

Liam grabbed ahold of Anna’s shaky hands and stopped them from moving any further, he looked up and in Anna’s eyes and he saw fear, anger, sadness, but above all, insecurity.

“Anna, you are the only girl in my life, you and no one else, you are my Anna, my sweet yet sassy girlfriend whom I love more than anything else in the world.” Liam said sweetly, with a gentle smile towards his girlfriend. Looking down at the way Liam was staring at her, Anna felt ashamed, no matter what she did, Liam would forgive her. No matter how big of a tantrum she threw, he was always there comforting her.

“I don’t deserve you.”

“Then no one does.”

~*~

It wasn’t until about 11 o’clock that night when Liam’s phone rang and he’s told by his co-workers he was needed at the hospital for a stabbing that happened just two hours ago at the hillside apartments. Not wanting to scare his girlfriend again he quickly scribbled a note placed it under her phone.

Arriving at the hospital, Liam quickly walked through the halls towards the room he was told to go. Room 317. The stabbing must have been pretty bad, that was a part of the intensive care unit. Liam walked into the room, George, one of his closer friends in the hospital handed him the clipboard containing the information on the patient. Louis Tomlinson.

“Is he going to be alright?” Liam turned his head and noticed a boy sitting on a chair in the corner of the room.

“And you are?”

“Harry, Harry Styles, I’m um... Louis’s... Friend.” Harry introduced.

“Well, Mr. Styles, although I can see that you’re worried about your friend, he is in good hands and I’m sorry but I’m going to have to ask you to leave the room.” Liam said, then adding “You can come back tomorrow during visiting hours.”

After Harry left the room, rather reluctant may he add, Liam began unwrapping the bandage around Louis’s chest, he inspected the wound. This look like it was done quickly, by someone angry, impulsively. Liam then moved on to Louis’s head,

“Was there any major brain damage?” He asked George.

“If he were to wake up, he’d probably lose parts of his memory, especially the recent events.” George informed Liam. Liam slowly nodded; at least he’s still alive.

 ~*~

It was around 8 in the morning when Liam was conducting Louis’s checkups when Louis began to shake violently, he began to thrash around wildly and bubbles began to form in his mouth. Liam looked calm but he was freaking out inside, as he yelled at his nurses announcing his plan.

George stood on the side, unsure of what to do, the most genius thing he thought he should do at the moment was to call Harry, and that was what he did. It was after the phone call when the dreadful sound echoed through the room. The heart monitor displayed a thin line, Liam’s eyes went wide and he quickly left the room, but stopped at the door when he saw Harry and a girl he didn’t know stood there.

“Mr. Styles.” Liam acknowledged, then turning to introduce himself to the stranger “Hello, I’m Dr. Payne, but you can just call me Liam.”

“Layla.” Was her short reply, “What’s the victim’s condition?” Liam didn’t know how to reply, but he didn’t want to beat around the bush either,

“We tried our best.” Turning his attention to Harry, Liam saw Harry’s face turn pale as he let out a huge gasp and rushed into the room. Liam stepped to the side, allowing Layla into the room. He called George out and told him to leave them alone and that he was going to take an early leave today.

Instead of going back home, Liam went into his office, still thinking about the badly done stab. Letting curiosity take the best of him, Liam grabbed Louis’s file that was given to him when Louis was admitted into the hospital, peeping at his past made Liam feel guilty, but he didn’t stop, he kept reading until he lead out a huge gasp.

Louis was gay!?!?

____________________________________________________________

Didya like it? If you did, vote. Also comment! Tell me what you think, any predictions?