The Assassin

At first glance, Cobos was a busy harbor town, pretty dirty, taverns always full, and people from all over doing whatever they see fit. But at second glance...it was undeniable that it's exactly what it was. Signe made sure to stick to Jack like glue as they wandered through the streets, but that wasn't very hard to do as Jack was still holding her close by her hand.

 "Where do you think the rest of the crew went?" Signe quietly asked Jack as they were walking.

 "I know a couple probably went to go see there special someones that are in this town." Jack smiled. "But we'll probably run into a couple of them if we head into the tavern up here." he pointed to the sign hanging not to far away.

 "'The Prancing Pony'?" Signe questioned.

 "Aye, best one in town."

 "It looks like it from the amount of people around it." Signe pointed out. Sure enough, there were many people coming in and going out in a constant flow from the tavern doors. As they got closer, the noise emitting from within became louder and louder. "Are we going in there?"

 "Only for a little while if you want." Jack answered. "I know some business men in there that I need to speak to." They reached the crowd of people by the door and saw that most of them were not doing a very good job of holding their spirits. Jack moved his hand that had been holding Signe's, around her waist, pulling her against him. "Stay close." he whispered quietly.

 Signe was so close to Jack's side, she could feel his pistols through his coat. A warm tinge covered her face again, but she did her best to pay it no mind. At this point, she had accepted that Jack was a handsome man, a very skilled Captain, and was turning out to be quite the gentleman on top of it. She was forced to remind herself over and over in her head that this man she was falling for was a pirate. Scum of the earth, no good, no help to society, pirate. But the longer she was remaining on his ship, the more that mantra was fading out of her head.

 They squeezed their way through the crazy crowd and made it in through the doors. The inside was a little less crazy than the outside, but not by much. There were still plenty of drunks hanging about and spilling their orders, but they remained at the bar. The rest of the tables were mostly civilized conversations and business deals.

 When they had walked further into the room, the pub master caught Jack's crazy colored hair and called out, "AYE! CAPTAIN JACK BE BACK EVERYONE!" Even if people didn't know who the pub master was talking about, they all gave a shout.

 Signe looked up at Jack's face, thankful of the hood that was covering hers. She watched as he stood shocked for a moment, before putting on a smile and rolling with it. "AYE!" he called back. "And I expect two pints at my table in the back!" Everyone cheered again at his response. Jack quickly moved the two back into a table in the back corner.

 "Two pints? You really want to drink" Signe questioned when they sat down together. They were still sitting quite close and Jack still had a hand on her waist.

 "No. I don't really feel like it tonight. I just had to say something to keep them from being too suspicious." he shrugged. He ran his free hand through his hair, causing it to go in all different directions. "This damn hair always gets me noticed so quick." he sighed.

 Signe couldn't help but laugh, "That's what happens when your hair is green." Jack gave a low chuckle in response. "Why would you color it green anyways?"

 Jack smiled, turning to face her, "It was a bet."

 "And you lost?"

 "No. I won." he smirked victoriously as the pints were set down in front of them by a barmaid. She quickly left, leaving the two to themselves.