The Overheard Conversation

The young women stood in the midst of darkness. Everything seemed blurry and dark. But the surface below her was cold and wet and extremely uneven, causing her to feel like she was always stumbling. She couldn't see into the dark she stumbled in, but she felt like no matter how much she tried to get out of it, there was something behind her. Something terrifying.

 Just when she felt like giving up though, a streak of light split through the darkness, and from it came a figure walking towards her with open arms. The figure looked familiar, but the darkness was still too close for her to run to it. She just wanted to see the face of the one saving her from the darkness, but they were too far away.

 "What are you planning, Captain?" A voice echoed around her. Everything seemed to be getting much brighter.

 "Nothing different from what we've done in the past. Just a simple ransom." a familiar voice answer the first. They both sounded very close to Signe, like they were in the same room with her.

 "Then why are you treating her differently then?" another voice chimed. Suddenly, Signe realized they were in a room together. The feeling of the uneven surface below her floated away as she began waking up. All of that had just been a dream. Signe quickly got her barrings to her surroundings and her currant situation. Even though she was now awake, she lay completely still, not giving it away that she was awake, because the conversation around her seemed important.

 "I am treating her differently because she is a woman, not a seaman!" the familiar voice, Captain Jack, defended himself.

 "Any woman gets to sleep in your bed." a voice laughed. It sounded as if there was three men, including the Captain, in the room. Although it felt as though there could be a fourth rather close to her, by the sounds of breathing and floorboards creaking.

 "Enough about this topic, please! I'm done talking about the stubborn wench!" Jack cut them off.

 "Wait, I thought you learned her name?" someone asked. The more Signe thought about it, the more familiar this voice sounded as well. Perhaps this could be Seananners again? "Signe, right?" he laughed, "I mean, what kinda name is that?"

 "I said enough!" the Captain was clearly fed up with the topic of her.

 "Alright, fine. So we're going about the same plan as last time. Straight to Cobos to spread the news of her location." the third voice said.

 "But can we do that this time?" the person who could have been Seananners chimed. "I mean, last time it was a simple low level General. Not a big deal. This time it's a duchess. I imagine it'll be different."

 "Wait, how do you know she's a duchess?" the third voice asked.

 "Because the ship you blew up was one of royalty, Sark. Geez man. Pay a little more attention next time." Seananners scolded his crew member. "But come on, Jack." he continued. "There is gonna be some differences with what's gonna go down, is there not? We don't even know who will call claim for the lady."

 The room fell silent for a little while. Signe had her eyes closed, but she was guessing that the Captain was sat thinking about the proposition. Eventually, the Captain called out, "What does the ever so silent Terroriser think of this matter?"

 "I think Seananners is right." a voice belonging to the silent by stander chimed in. Now that he spoke it was evident he was standing very close to her head. The man's voice sounded more Irish as well, similar to the Captain.

 "Thank you." Seananners boasted.

 "But," the voice, the Terroriser, butt in, "since we don't know how exactly it will be different, my advice would be that we remain on the path we are on at the moment, and if something happens, we adjust accordingly."

 Silence filled the room again, Everyone knew that the final call will always be the Captain's. They were all waiting for his final words.

 "Terroriser is right." Captain Jack answered. "We'll continue on our path towards Cobos, and if something happens there, we'll just be ready to adjust."

 Sark sighed, "So that means no ship leave?"

 "Probably not." the Captain answered, "I can't afford to leave one of you drunkards behind if we have to set off with no warning." It was clear everyone was unhappy with that, but the Captain made no motion to change what he had said. "That's what we'll do for now. Unless anyone has objections?" No one spoke a word. "Very well. Now, I don't believe there is a need for you all to be in my corridors anymore, then?" A quick shuffle of feet could be heard, all making for the door. After a moment of silence, Signe thought that everyone had left the room. That was till the Captain spoke again, "Is there a reason you're still in my room, Nanners?"

 Seananners, who apparently did not follow the Captain's previous order, replied, "You are treating her different though. You know it too." The Captain didn't respond. "Hey man, I get it, she's a pretty girl! But just remember that she is royalty. Even if she willingly stuck around with you, someone would always be hunting you two down."

 "I never said I liked her." Jack retorted, "She's only been on the ship for about a day! Could you at least contain yourself for a little longer this time before you start disobeying my orders directly?"

 Seananners just chuckled at the aggression his Captain was showing towards him, "Alright fine. I'll back down. But if something does become of you two, don't say I didn't warn you."

 "Shut up, please Nanners." Jack sighed. He couldn't help but chuckle a little though, "You always know exactly how to get under my skin, don't you?"

 "Only because I know you won't do anything about it."

 Jack laughed, "Oh. Don't push your luck, banana man!" They both laughed for a moment, before Signe heard Seananners leave the room. 

 Signe thought about what was said, "The plan? Had they done this before then? And where or what is Cobos?" Everything swirled in her tired head that was now threatening to go back to sleep, "A day? Have I really been here that long? How long have I been asleep?" But the thing that stuck out in her head the most was their concern for who was going to call claim for her, because if Signe was being honest, she didn't know either. Would her parents? Would her future husband? Would anyone?

 All the thoughts that troubled her began to dull as the silence of the room began over taking her again. She heard footsteps coming towards her as she began to sink back into the abyss. She felt someone gently pull the blankets up to her shoulder. She would've stayed awake longer to hear their next action if she could, but now sleep had her in it's clutches, giving way to peaceful rest.

 Small A/N. If you don't know Seananners or any of his vast friends, you might not know what half of the people in this fic look like. I recommend you find their channels and take a look. 10/10 would recommend a watch of any of em mentioned. Thanks for reading! :)