Part 1

Another wonderful year at Hogwarts, Lily thought to herself as she unloaded her parent's car. "Lily I can't believe you're leaving us for another year," her mother said with tears in her eyes "I only wish petunia would have come with us as well" "it's okay I understand why she didn't, and I don't give a damn whether she has the decency to see her sister off or not," Lily exclaimed although she was angry she was hurt more than anything that her only sister would not even come to the train station to wish her luck at school. "Lily don't curse in front of your father" Lily's mum scolded. "Sorry dad" Lily muttered.

Lily loaded her things onto one of the trollies provided for travelers and began to run through the platforms 9 & 10 until she made it onto the 9 3/4 platform with her parents not too far behind her. "Man I will never get used to all of this far out wizard stuff... that is how you use the term far out isn't it dear?" "close enough dad it was a good try anyway" this is something Lily knew she would miss the most her and her parents just goofing around like always. It was what she looked forward to when it was time to leave Hogwarts so she didn't get too sad.

"Let me help you with that," a deep voice said to Lily as she obviously struggled in lifting her trunk onto the train. This year was the first year that Lily was allowed to use magic outside of school so she was taking full advantage of it by putting an extension charm on her case so she could fit everything into one however this charm made that one very heavy, unfortunately. She looked up at the voice and the body it was coming from which was none other than James Potter. Lily was shocked the last time she had seen James which was last year before break he was an inch or two shorter than her,  now he stood what seemed to be a few feet but was most likely only three or four inches taller, he was tan from whatever family vacation he had taken over holiday and Sirius Black stood only a few feet behind him leaning against the train talking to his boyfriend of one year Remus Lupin. James and Sirius were inseparable it looked as though by the tan on Blacks skin he had accompanied the Potters on their excursion. Looking back to James who was eyeing Lily with a devilish smirk it seemed as though he had added some muscle along with his height which gave him the appearance of being older than he really was by about a year or so. Lily could see almost all of the other girls on the platform glaring at her it's true James and Sirius were the two most sought after boys in the entire school but once word got out of Sirius being gay almost all of the attention shifted onto James' broad muscular tan... stop it, shoulders, there were still a few girls who were convinced that they could make Sirius straight again but he would never stray from his devoted boyfriend. "Thank you Potter but I am not helpless I can get this on my own" Lily retorted smartly " I get it you're one of those new what do they call themselves...." James faded off trying to think of the word "Feminist and yes I am" "Well then maybe I should just let you ask me out then" James said snarkily "dream on Potter" Lily replied. Looks sure can be deceiving she thought to herself. "You know what Potter" she called after him as he walked away, his head whipped around as soon as he heard her voice " you want to load my things, knock yourself out," she said gesturing to all of her things "anything for you madam," James said with a sly smile, Lily rolled her eyes and walked away to say goodbye to her parents.

As she got on the train Lily heard someone calling her name it was her best friend Sharon, Lily was so upset to not be living with Sharon this year as they had been for the last six years but she was grateful to be getting out of the Gryffindor dorms so as to be farther away from Potter. "Are you ready for the last year at Hogwarts" "to the max" Sharon replied "this last year is going to be fun-city" "you know it, hey sorry but I've got a prefect meeting to get to but I'll come to find you when it lets out okay?" Lily asked "sure thing" Sharon said with a wink "catch you on the flip side" Lily waved to her blonde haired best friend and scuttled to the compartment where the meeting was being held.

When she walked into the compartment she was met with a startling sight, James Potter sitting and talking casually with some of the other 7th year prefects. "Potter, are you lost or something?" Lily said once she picked her jaw up off of the floor "why not at all Lily-flower" James replied in a sickly sweet voice showing off his head boy badge. "No way, this is bunk, why would Dumbledor put you in charge?" "cause I'm the man fo' shizzle" he said causing everyone in the car to grimace "don't ever say that again, you sound like my dad James" said a 7th-year Hufflepuff prefect named Sandra "I've met your dad Sandra and personally I take that as a compliment" James said back. After the initial shock, Lily was able to relax for the most part and carry on with the prefect meeting as usual. When she finished she ran off to find Sharon, she found the compartment packed with Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw students there were even a few Slytherins that she recognized. Sharon and Lily were big into House unity and peace at Hogwarts even if there wasn't any in the rest of the wizarding community, the future starts at Hogwarts they would always say and somehow it managed to catch on. She remembered how nice it was to chat with her old friends again.

She only took off her new flower power bell-bottoms that she was determined to wear at least three times each and every month once the announcement that they would be arriving shortly was made. She switched into her school uniform got off of the train and as they all filed into the carriages and chatted again it suddenly hit her that she would be spending most of her time with the insufferable James Potter "how awful" she exclaimed out loud "What is it?" one of her good friends from Slytherin Isadore Bell asked "I just remembered how much time I will be spending with James Potter" Lily exclaimed " don't be such a spaz Lily" said Brock Lee from Gryfindor. Before Lily could tell him off for calling her a spaz which she would the cart had stopped and they all filed out and into the great hall for the back to school feast.