A Bad First Impression!

(Mario P.O.V)

(Sunday) 9:59 A.M. Villa Malibu

I woke up feeling as if my life was going to take a turn for the worst. As I rose from my bed, I shook the feeling off. Staring into blank space, I felt my cellphone's vibrations through the bed. I lift my red bed sheets in order to search for the seemingly lost cellphone. Once I had it in my grasp, I answered it after a long yawn.

"Mario!! What the heck!!" a voice came from the other end. My friend Dante, he has been my best friend ever since we first met in high school. We were both new to California, so we hung out at each recommended spots. We were both artist, which made our friendship even better. My name is Mario; a name everyone used to compare me to a gaming figure. I would never let it bother me because I always found it funny.

"Do you want to miss out!!?" he continued.

My ear began to echo with the sound of his voice; I rubbed it before answering. "What? What do you mean?"

"Really?" I could hear him laugh on the other end. "You really don't remember."

"Nope." Dead air hung between us.

"Let me sum it up for you. Art. Project. Cash. Reward." After digesting the words, I realized my huge mistake.

"Oh crap! Why didn't you call me before?!" I yelled unexpectedly.

"I did idiot! I called you like 12 times to get the hell up! I even started texting," he screamed back.

At the mall plaza, there was going to be a designing contest. Who ever could make the best web page design for a new up and coming business would win a cash reward and a spot in the business's designing corporation. The contest was going to end at  11:30 and I agreed to wake up early in order to get there before a line was made.

I just had to have my cellphone on vibrate of all days. Why must I suffer with this bad luck?

"Lucky for you," Dante ended my depression, "I am on my way at this very moment to pick you up. So get dressed already."

"Dude, it's bad to drive and talk on the cellphone at the same time." I was the safe-driver type, I was always paranoid on the roads. Dante preferred driving because he considered me as a turtle.

He coughed, "What are you? My mom? Just get freaking dressed."

I jumped out of bed and onto the cold, wooden floor that cause me to shiver. I headed straight for the bathroom in order to make myself seem at least presentable. Staring into the mirror, I smiled at my hair that was black and planted against my face. My skin was tan and I had brown eyes that complemented the rest of my features. 

No time to laugh at myself, I need to hurry up and get dressed. 

After hurriedly cleansing myself, I placed on a white buttoned shirt and black pants. Ending my outfit with a red and black hoodie. Entering the bathroom again, I applied grease to my hair in order to spike it up. This was my natural hair-style growing up. I grabbed my flash drive with my saved design and stuffed it into my pocket.

I just have to wait for Dante and I'm good, no problem at all. 

10:23 A.M. Malibu Mall Plaza

When Dante arrived, he sped all the way to the mall. I was hoping that we wouldn't be stopped; surprisingly we weren't. Dante would never get pulled over, even if he was going 20 over the speeding limit. Some how, he was just that lucky. 

As we pulled into the parking lot, I hurriedly stepped out of the car. I began to pace forward quickly in order to reach the entrance as fast as possible.