Chapter 19

(Josh's Point of View)

I reach into my pocket with a shaky hand, then I clear my throat to prepare myself for the words that are about to escape my lips. My thumb glides over the velvety smooth red ring box nervously. "I know we are young, but I also know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up next to you every morning, and every night I want to hold you and fall asleep to the sound of your heart beat."

I take Lila's hand in my left hand as I look into her misty eyes. "I love you so much, and each day I find myself falling even more in love with you." I kneel on one knee and drop her left hand so I can open the ring box. My heart is racing so fast, and I'm pretty sure I am sweating.

I take a deep breath before I say the words that will forever change my life. "Lila Johnson, will you promise me forever with you?" I say as I open the box and let the 18K white gold, diamond solitaire engagement ring shine in the dimly lit sky. I hear gasp in shock as she takes in the unforgettable sight. My heart beats rapidly as I wait for her to answer.

"Y-yes..." She whispers through trembling lips. I stand up and extend my neck out to kiss her long and passionately. Then I step back and slide the ring on her finger. It fits her like a glove, and she holds it up in front of her face to get a better view. She places her right hand on the back of my head, "I love you so much." she speaks while gazing into my eyes. Butterflies roam in my stomach as I listen to her say those unforgettable words for the very first time. I wrap my arms around her tiny waist and pull her close to me, enjoying her lovely scent and warm body.

We stay in each others embrace for the rest of the time. That is until we notice the hot air balloon slowly coming closer to the ground. We look to the instructor as he begins to tell us to carefully exit the balloon and have a great night. We listen and leave the balloon thanking him on the way out. Hand in hand we walk towards the car. Before we get in, I pull Lila close to me and press her against the car. I listen to her soft breathing as our foreheads press together.

"I don't want this night to end." she breathes. I squeeze her close as we enjoy this magical moment.

"I know baby me either." I whisper in the crook of her neck. We soon pull apart and get in the car. I hold her hand as we drive down the road. "Are you hungry love?" I ask.

"Yeah a little bit." She says as her stomach rumbles obnoxiously. I smile at how cute she is.

"We can go to a nice restaurant if you like?" I suggest. She looks down, playing with her fingers.

"Or we can just get some take out?" she teases.

"I knew there was a reason why I love you so much!" I say winking at her playfully.

A bark of laughter escapes her lips as she holds her stomach. "How does A's Burger’s sound?" she asks, admiring the knew rock on her finger.

"Sounds great to me babe!" I say making a right on the road that takes us to the amazing burger joint.

"Do you want to eat it inside or...?" she asks not sure. Then a sudden idea pops into my mind, one that I know she will love.

"I have another plan in mind." I say winking in her direction. We soon pull up at the drive through and order two cheese burgers with a medium coke and lemonade.

Once we get our food from the drive through window I start to head in the direction of the 'surprise'. "So where are you taking me?" Lila speaks anxiously. I pull over on the side of the road and get out. Walking over to the trunk of the car I pull out a blindfold and walk to Lila's side. Once she sees what’s in my hand she starts laughing hysterically. "Y-you can't b-be serious?!" she says through fits of laughter.