Chapter 3

Josh's P.O.V.

I watched her as she walked away, taking in her light brown, shoulder-length hair, remembering how good it smelt when she passed by. The smell was of sweet honey, it was addicting. I was absolutely shocked that she rejected my offer to take her out. Did she not like me? Why wouldn't she like me? I mean not to sound self absorbed but everybody likes me, especially the girls. I was determined to find out why she denied me. The strange thing is, it made me want her even more.

I made my way to my first period which was, unfortunately, math. Staring blankly at the board I started to think of ways I could get Lila to go out with me. I only came up with one solution, I'm just going to have to use my charm, make her fall for me. I'm actually starting to really like this girl. Shes playing hard to get, but I'm up for a challenge.

When the period ended I couldnt wait to get over to her locker, to put the plan in motion. As she walks over to her locker, her hips swaying seductively, I let my eyes rake over her body slowly, taking in all of her beautiful features. Wait beautiful? That was weird, I usually never think of the girls I go after as beautiful, they're just another bang. But there is more to her than that, she seems special, I want to get to know her and not just use her for a one night stand. What is this girl doing to me? Shes making me a softy! Why do I care so much about her? I take a deep breath, frustrated with myself. Then I realize she's standing right in front of me!

"Hello? Earth to Josh!!" I come out of my thoughts and see her waving her hands in my face to try and get my attention.

I chuckle, "Sorry, I was thinking about something".

"Well for the 5th time, could you please move so I can open my locker?" She says clearly annoyed.

I smile then on cue turn on the charm, "Well I would but then I wouldnt be able to stare at your beautiful face". Obviously not affected she rolls her eyes and sighs deeply. Wow this is going to be harder than I thought. I step to the side so she can get to her locker. "So Lila, just out of curiosity why dont you want to go ice skating with me?". She looks at me, a little flustered.

" I um have p-plans" she stutters.

Not believing her for even a second I shake my head, "Wow you know you're not a good liar at all right?".

She blushes and looks down at her feet. "I-I just can't okay Josh, please just leave me alone". She suddenly walks away. Once again leaving me stunned. Ok what did I do? How come she is acting like I just killed her cat?

After the bell finally rang, signaling the day is over, I walk over to my one true love, yep thats right, my gorgeous black mustang. Once im in it I start it up, making the engine roar to life. I drive straight to my house. When I pull up to my averaged sized house, leaving my car in the driveway, I walk in and go straight to the kitchen, raiding the fridge like the ravenous teenager I am. Quickly grabbing a Dr. Pepper and some chips, I head upstairs to my room.

Lying there in my bed, staring at the ceiling I start to think about Lila. Gosh I can't stop thinking about her. I have to have her, then once I do everything will be back to normal right? Oh who am I kidding, things will never be the same now that she is in my life. Shes just different, shes not like all of the other girls who are constantly throwing themselves at me, or make a fool of them selves just to get my attention. She has respect for herself, and thats one of the many things I like about her.

Wanting to get my mind off of Lila I call up my best friends, Tanner and Marcus. "Hey bro, can you hang today?". "Ya, be there later k?". "Cool, see ya". "Later". As I hang up with Tanner I decide to text Marcus. But he texts back saying he cant make it. Not caring why, I just ignore the text.

15 minutes later Tanner walks into my room I look at him a little surprised. "Dude do you not know how to use a doorbell?". He laughs, "sorry, didnt feel like it". I just shrug it off. We go downstairs and walk to the outside basketball court. We start playing one on one. He takes another shot and now its 3 against 0. "Dude are you even trying? Or are you just watching me play?" Tanner says passing the ball to my chest aggressively. "Sorry, I'm just not really focused" I say while walking over to the steps and sitting down with the ball in my hand. He walks and sits next to me on the steps, "whats wrong then?". "Uh its nothing just forget it" I tell him, not wanting him to know about my little obsession over Lila. "Ok well since were not really doing anything, Im just gonna head home". Not really caring that hes leaving I say,"K see ya Tanner".

I honestly have no idea how to get this girl out of my head. Shes driving me absolutely insane. I think I'm just going to go over there and talk with her. She needs to know how Im feeling about her, maybe she'll give me another chance. I decided to sleep on it. I don't know if its the right time to tell her everything I am feeling about her right now, but I am definitely going to have tell her something so she'll go out with me. I needed to talk to her badly, and I was going to, after school tomorrow. I am going to avoid her all day, then after school, go over to her house and talk to her, ya that sounded like a good plan. I went to sleep feeling confident about tomorrow.

A/N: What is he going to say to her? Will it be enough for her to go out with him? Who knowss..... Keep reading guys!!! Thanks so much!! :) xoxo