11 - The Marker

IMPORTANT

all pronunciations are in the book 'a giude to the dead worlds & languages' i have updated it with each chapter.

if you have any questions ask and i will answer in the book mentioned above.

____________________________________________________________________________

Wéarà and Asrailyn's faces paled visibly. Hùèkarà had spoken to no one but Dàméa Tàkùiè. if Keria thought that he did not know that she understood him than she was dead wrong. if he were to speak it would only be if he knew that the child could hear him. Asrailyn had been trying to convince him to talk to her since Dàméa died, but he had withdrawn deeply into himself like the trees of Màstry Féhmùéa.

 Wéarà opened and closed his mouth several times before he cleared his throat and spoke.

 "the day is still young. perhaps we shall pay Hùèkarà a visit?" he asked, his eyes shining with hope that the great tree may yet still be with them and waking, instead of lost in an endless sleep. for as long as Wéarà could remember he had wished that he would live long enough to see the great tree awaken, that he might be able to hear Hùèkarà talk again.

 Keria looked thoughtful for a moment before standing up, only to have Tàlis whimper at her.

 "why did you get up? i was warm!" he complained looking up at her. Déamois let out a little bark and his tongue lolled to the side, making it seem as though he were laughing at the spirit's irritation, which he was. Tàlis sent Déamois a dirty look and got to his feet, holding out his hand for Keria. she narrowed her eyes as she thought about it, then gripped his hand tightly with both of hers and pulled down hard. Tàlis stumbled and looked at her in disbelief.

 "why did you do that? what did i do to deserve it?" he asked accusingly and Keria just smiled up at him sweetly as though she hadn't done anything and then began to pull him towards the trees where the others were waiting, releasing his right hand from hers and readjusting so that her left hand held his right.

 Déamois jogged up beside Keria and settled to match her pace and she placed a hand behind his ears. she did not have to reach for him because standing up he was just as tall as her legs were long. she fiddled behind his right ear until he raised up his third ear and she gently stroked it between her fingers as they walked.

 Asrailyn smiled at Keria and a thought came into her head.

 "Riveress, why don't we invite your grandmother to come with us? i know she would like to see this." she suggested and Keria's face brightened instantly as she nodded her agreement, but she did not smile, even though she was glad. Wéarà looked down at her wondering how a face could brighten without a smile. he was beginning to understand that he would never understand this child of man, and it made him feel uneasy. he looked up at the sky and thought 'she dose not smile often, i wonder why a creature so young smiles so rarely?' he sighed and began to walk quickly so that he could catch up to the others who had began to move, leaving him to his thoughts.

they walked through the forest the same way that Keria had walked with Déamois this morning to get to the clearing, Asrailyn and Wéarà talking softly as they walked ahead of the children. Keria could not hear them nor did she have a mind too. she knew that whatever they talked of was not something that they would want her to hear or they would have talked directly to her.

 Keria stopped dead and stared. Tàlis looked down at her questioningly and then followed her gaze to the Rysé Ùtà marker. Tàlis's brow furrowed in confusion. he and Keria had walked passed the marker many times before and he had told her stories that he had asked his mother for about the tribe that had once inhabited the land, but never before had Keria reacted this way to the stone. he looked back down at her and knelt down next to her.

 "what is it Keria?" he asked softly. she tore her eyes away from the stone and looked over to the elders who had stopped to look back at them with curiosity.

 Keria waved Asrailyn and Wéarà back and waited for them to get to her before she spoke.

 "yesterday as i walked to the clearing, i passed the marker and i said a prayer to it. it started to give off a bluish-white light and i got a pain in my head. wh-what happened Asrailyn?" she stuttered and for those few moments, she looked like a child of man, her face uncertain as she gazed up at the Earth Woman.

 Asrailyn's eyes widened and her mouth opened to form an O shape. Wéarà yet again stared dumbfounded by the child that stood before him, clutching the wind spirit's shoulders.

 but no one spoke.

 Déamois padded around and nudged Asrailyn in the shin and broke her from her shock.

 Asrailyn closed her mouth and furrowed her brow, deep in thought. she began to pace back and forth with one hand to her forehead and the other behind her back, mutter as she went.

 "... too young.... child of man... impossible..."

 and then she stopped abruptly. she walked over to the marker and examined it closely, her nose almost pressed to the stone. she put one hand in the center of the marker and she muttered something to low for anyone to make out and the marker flashed a brilliant red light, before     becomeing the grey stone that bore the maker once again. 

Tàlis picked up Keria and placed her on his hip and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Wéarè had a grim look on his face as he looked at the stone.

 Asrailyn turned back to them with a bewildered expression and then she began to laugh. she glided over to Tàlis quickly and took Keria from him and swung her around, hugging the small child to her chest tightly.

 "Keria! you are a miracle among miracles! you are the only child of man to have ever been able to use Màjék!" she said as she laughed again from pure joy, settling Keria on her hip in the same way Tàlis had moments ago.

 "what?" Keria asked, her eyes wide. but not as wide as Tàlis's. never before had any creature containing so much as a drop of Man's blood had ever been able to carry even the slightest amount of Màjék, and yet this undersized child of man did.

 Tàlis looked between Keria and Asrailyn for a moment before is mouth split into a wild grin and he jumped in the air and hollered, his fist pounding on the air with glee.

 Wéarà, in his old state simply looked at them all for a moment with shock before he too smiled happily at them all and came and patted the little girl on the back whose face was still rather confused. he chuckled as she looked up at him from Asrailyn's twirling around and he told her:

 "you are one of a kind Riveress. you truly are something special."

 Keria looked unsure for a moment and then she began to smile hesitantly and then she grew more sure of herself and she began to laugh as Asrailyn spun her in circles, as Tàlis whooped and hollered, Déamois jumping and barking with him and as Wéarà smiled at her. she did not know it, but this would be one of the days that she would remember for the rest of her life. and it would be one of her favorites.

as they stood their celbrating their little miracle, Wéarà thought, 'Yàméa'h jèrà rù kytrà hré foesà. God, protect this girl.'

____________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT

for pronouciations, please goto 'a giude to the dead worlds & languages'. any questions, please ask and i will answer in the book mentioned above.

thank you.

hoping for 5 votes on this chapter before i get the next chapter up.

PS i kind of expected people to be asking me what the wierd words ment.... guess not.....