10 - Ségytà Myà

IMPORTANT

all pronunciations are in the book 'a giude to the dead worlds & languages' i have updated it with each chapter.

if you have any questions ask and i will answer in the book mentioned above.

____________________________________________________________________________

Wéarà moved to the tree bench and sat down, his back to the cliff pool so that Keria could sit in front of him without having to sit in the sand, seeing as the bench was only perhaps six hand lengths from the water. Keria sat in Tàlis's lap with Déamois sprawled out beside them, still damp from the young spirit's fun. Asrailyn sat on the other side of Déamois, her ankles crossed beneath her skirt and leaning on one had while the other was resting peacefully in her lap. Wéarà was going to tell a story and teach a lesson and she wanted to hear it.

Wéarà pulled out an old wooden pipe from inside his cloak,put some sort of dried plant that Keria could not identify within it, and mumbled a word to quietly for any other in the clearing to hear. he drew on the pipe and let out a breath of smoke. it puzzled Keria that he had lit the pipe without fire, but she did not question the Yàméa Foesà. Tàlis on the other hand openly voiced his questions.

"how in wékè pé hrùmàs ty Dàméa Tàkùiè did you do that?" he asked looking at the pipe with an awestruck look on his face.

Wéarà looked at him in irritation. 'perhaps he is irritated because Tàlis interrupted him' Keria thought, but what Wéarà said next sent her into a fit of giggles.

"you do not say 'how in' before you speak that phrase boy! you only say 'how'! or better yet just say 'how in the name of Dàméa Tàkùiè'. i swear that the Old Tongue is lost on this ages youth!" Wéarà threw his hands in the air as he spoke and his face had such a look of annoyance on it that not even Asrailyn could help but let out what could only be called a giggle. Keria's giggles increased when she looked back at Tàlis's face which had a mix of shock and confusion on it. soon enough, both Asrailyn and Keria were laughing loudly with shear pleasure.

Wéarà looked at the two female creatures sitting before him with a look of irritation and confusion which only made them laugh harder.

"what is so funny? the lads grammar was atrocious!" the old being said bemused, his bushy eyebrows pulled together and hand gripping his pipe as he spoke.

Tàlis stared at them with amusement. he had rarely seen Keria laugh and had only ever seen Asrailyn chuckle for a few moments. he did not know why, but their laughter made him wan to join in, but at the same time he didn't want to interfere with the melodic sound of the two female voices combined in their pleasure. Déamois simply lifted his head and began to pant, his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth, and little white teeth flashing. he looked like he was smiling.

when the two finally settled down and their laughter had turned into satisfied and cheery smiles, Wéarè had his arms crossed and an undignified looked on his face, his eyebrows still pulled together, his pipe still protruding from his lips and smoke coming from his nostrils. he was a sight to see as he stared at them accusingly. he let out one more short puff of smoke out his nose before her began to talk, the pipe moving up and down as he talked.

"to begin what i was about to start, i will tell you of the history of the land. when the Earth was young, there were the tribes with there many species, the spirits and nymphs and an assortment of other Màjék creatures. most were peaceful beings and much was calm. each tribe had it's territory and each was satisfied with the way things were. that is how things were for many ages. but when the Earth was still young ,the race of Men came from across the great waters, the Dàùy. the tribes welcomed them and gave them land, but the race of Man soon grew greedy and began to take more land. the tribes aloud this to continue, for a short while, reasoning that Men needed room to grow, but Men grew to hungry for the power of land and the Wars ensued. the Wars lasted for nealy a century before all settled again. the tribes had restored the borders that had been created when Men first set foot here. the Myà Thétéa was made and peace followed for a thousand years. but peace could not last forever. the Gràtèùs began to take power. they grew in strength and mercy was not something they knew. their reign was bloody and horrifying." Wéarà closed his eyes and shuddered as though he remembered it like he had been there.