Chapter 23

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 23

     The mood was tense as Will walked Raven to her sociology class.  His eyes were always moving, watching everything that was going on around them.  He kept her pinned securely at his side.  Even though she was still irritated with him, she couldn't help but to smile at his obvious protectiveness.  Once they reached her classroom she fully expected him to kiss her good-bye and then proceed to his political science class but instead he surprised  her by walking her in the the room and following her all the way to her seat.

   She sat down and looked up at him questioningly.  Leaning up against her desk, he smirked before simply saying “What?”

    She placed both of her hands on the desk in front of her and pasted on one of her sugary sweet smiles.  “What do you think you are doing?  Don't you have your own class to get to?”

    Will lifted his hand to caress her  face.  “I'm going," He assured her.  "I'm just waiting for someone.  When he gets here and I know your safe, then I'll go to my class.”

    She pulled back from him and raised her brow.  “First of all, who is supposed to be coming and secondly, what does he have to do with me?”

    Will turned so that he could sit down on the side of her desk, pinning her with his gaze.  “I called dad last night and we both decided that it would be best to have a few extra guys around here to help keep you-,” he chucked her nose, "Safe."

     Raven dropped her head to the desk, repeatedly banging it against the wood and groaned.  “No...no...no," she shook her head back and forth, "Please don't tell me that you've gotten me a babysitter.  I already have you and Christopher.  You two doofusses have way too much male testosterone as it is.”  Reaching in her shirt, she pulled out the moonstone necklace and waved it in front of him.  "And, if this baby is truly magical then I have the  the Moon Goddess on my side too.  Now who in their right mind would want to mess with her?”

     Will smelled him the moment that he walked into the door.  Raven was still complaining when Matthew stopped at his side.   "I don't need-," she looked up at Will and stopped, mouth gaped open as she stared at the newcomer.  He was just as tall as Will but he had curly red hair and the greenest eyes that she had ever saw. 

     "Raven," Will chuckled, "This is my friend Matthew."  He waited a minute to see if she would speak.  When she continued to sit there, he prodded her.  "Say hello sweetheart."

    She ducked her face before looking back up at the two overpowering males.   "Um, howdy," she  mumbled.

     Matthew smiled at her; an honestly sincere smile.  He was with his own mate's family during the family reunion so he didn't get a chance to meet her but he surely heard all about Will's human mate.  She was just as beautiful as the rumors claimed and there was an innocence about her that made her all that more appealing.  Will did real good for himself.  "How do you do?" He bowed his head slightly in her direction.

    Matthew faced Will, holding out his hand.  "How’s it going man?”  His eyes flitted back to Raven, "I heard that a congratulations is in order."