Chapter 24

"Total Eclipse of the Heart"

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 24

    Matthew stayed close to Raven as they left class and headed back to her  dorm room.  She leaned towards him as they were walking and nudged him in the shoulder playfully.  She shoved her hands in her pockets before becoming more serious.

    “So, how long have you known Will?”

    He smiled and nudged her right back, refusing to be out done.  “For as long as I can remember," he told her honestly.  "We were in diapers together.”

    "Mmm",  she sounded thoughtfully.  Her mind kept reeling back to something that he had said earlier and she couldn't quite seem to shake it.  She could ask Will about it herself but Matthew was the one that had mentioned it and who else better to tell her the truth about her mate other this old childhood friend.   “Sooo," she drawled, kicking a small rock down the sidewalk, "He was a Play Boy, huh?”

    Matthew chuckled.  He should have expected this but the question still caught him off guard.  "Was," he stressed, "But not any more, he has you and I can tell that you are it for him just by the way that he looks at you."

     'Was.'  She really wasn’t sure what to think of that.  Will really did seem to care for her, she had no doubts about that.  The way that he held her, the way that he talked to her, even the way that he made love to showed her how much he really cared. 

     This all seemed to be a non-issue.  Will was her mate and mates were for life.  Will had given her no reason to doubt him so why should she start now.   Feeling better about herself, she smiled up at Matthew and nodded.  He really was a handsome guy and she decided right then that all Lycanthropes must be handsome; it had to be an inherited trait or something.  “So, tell me," she started, "Tell me about your mate.  Her name is Lina right?"

     "Yes," he replied and even at the mere mention of her name, Raven could see the lights go on in his eyes.

      "What types of things does she like?  I mean is she sporty, preppy, a fashionista?”

    He held the door for her as they walked into the dorm, stopping at the elevator.  She continued to watch him when he leaned in and pressed the button that would take them up to her room.  He stayed quiet for a moment, gathering his thoughts and Raven stood patiently waiting for him to speak.

    “What can I tell you about my Lina?  Hmmm, first off," he started, staring down at her, "She is the most beautiful girl in the world.  No, not just the world, she is the most beautiful girl in the entire Universe,” he proclaimed.  Raven's lips curved upwards as she listened to him  go on about his mate. “She’s smart, she's witty, she's sharp and she can kick some real ass too," he laughed, reminiscing about her.  "Honestly," he said as they stepped on to the elevator.  "I don’t know what I would do without her.”

     Raven leaned back in the elevator and sighed.  It was obvious that Matthew was irrevocably in love with his mate but she wanted to know more about her, what type of girl she was.  Would they get along?  “That’s all nice and sweet and I'm glad that she is the center of your universe but..." she dragged out,  "What kind of things is she interested in?”

    The elevator door opened and they both stepped out of the box car, continuing their walk towards her room.  Matthew kept his hands in his pockets and even as he spoke, Raven could tell that he was always watching, cataloguing everything and everyone around them.  “Lina helps out with the accounting books back at the Estate," he noted, "She also likes to help out with the young pups in the daycare.  Oh yeah, and she really, really likes basketball.”

    When she heard the word pups, she instinctively touched her stomach, wondering if she could possibly already be carrying a child.  Will explained to her that it was pretty much a no-brainer, it would happen unless they took precautions.  And as far as she knew, their latest romps in the bedroom included no precautions; it was just hot, crazy sex.  She felt her cheeks heat at the latest memory.