Chapter 2

It's been a month. The case about Erica Smith has been beating me up though. Even with the evidence, she said she it was Derek Spen but the DNA didn't match him.
I was looking through the same footage from the cameras where it happened.
You can see something happening, but not who it was.
I kept zooming in and slowing it down, but nothing.
"Damn it!" I said banging my fist on my desk.
"Hey, what did the desk ever do to you" Munch joked.
"Sorry" I sighed then took a deep breath in, looking at the footage again.
"Everything okay?... you've been going over the same video over and over" he said.
"I know there's something that I'm missing" I said rewinding it again.
"No, your making yourself go crazy" he said.
I sighed and rubbed my eyes.
"No... no there's something there. I feel it" I said looking at a different tape.
"Reynolds... I think you need to take a step back, okay? We'll catch him... just give it time" he said patting my shoulder, then walked away.
I went straight into watching the videos over and over again.
*
It's been an hour and I'm still looking over the same videos over and over again.
"Hey, Alex" I heard someone say, not sure who said it.
"Yeah, hi" I said waving to to whoever it was but my face glued to the screen.
"Okay?..." they said.
"What're you doing?" They asked me.
I finally saw something, the guy had a tattoo on his wrist, it's barely visible but it's there.
"I got something!" I yelled, zooming in on the tattoo. It was something small, it was the number 2.
"Woah, okay" Olivia said chuckling.
I printed the photo out and showed it to Liv.
"A tattoo" I said giving it to her.
She squinted her eyes looking at it.
"Jeez, how did you even see that?" She asked surprised.
"that doesn't matter, we've got a lead! Look for that tattoo. Oh! Go to Erica see if she recognizes it" I said quickly and excited.
"Reynolds!" My captain said and I looked at him.
"Yes?" I asked.
"A word, in my office" he said walking back into his office.
"Just... talk to Erica about that tattoo" I said shoving the photo in Olivia's hand. She grabbed it looking at me like I had 10 heads.
I went into Cragen's office.
"What's up" I said antsy.
"Reynolds... go home, get some sleep. You've been her since yesterday morning." He said to me.
"Captain, I'm good. I can handle a little over time-"
"It's not a request."
"Listen... I've got a lead on this case. Just let me have this one."
"Reynolds. Go. Home." He demanded.
"Cap-"
"Reynolds I'm not arguing with you. Go home. Now" he said a mixture of demand and anger.
I didn't even say anything.
I knew there was no chance of fighting with him.
I walked out, grabbed my stuff and left without a word to anyone.
*
I opened the door to my apartment. I stepped through the door and slammed it shut.
I threw my stuff on the table and went to the fridge, grabbing a beer.
I opened it and took a sip.
I turned on the tv and was watching it for a while.
After about 30 minutes someone was banging on my door.
"Alex, it's Olivia. Open up" she said loudly.
I threw my head back in annoyance.
"Alex, I know you're in there, I hear the tv" she said banging on the door again.
"Liv, whatever it is, get someone else involved!" I yelled.
"It's about the tattoo!" She said.
I immediately jumped up and opened the door.
"What about it" I said pulling a hair out of my face.
"She said she's seen it before... a frat house at her college all have it, same spot, same everything. Down to the very last detail." She said stepping into my apartment.
I closed the door behind her.
"Wait so what is it... like some weird ass cult tattoo thing?"
"If you wanna call it that." She said.
"Fin and nick went down to the frat house to talk to them" she said.
"So we got him?"
"Well we have to catch him and get his DNA to match the semen" she said.
"Okay.... okay, good" I said nodding my head.
"There's one more thing" she said looking at me, with a weird look.
Oh no.