Without You (Larry) Part 4

"Louis Tomlinson is in fair condition. He is very undernourished and so severely dehydrated that if you would have been thirty minutes later in finding him we would not have been able to save him. He is unconscious right now and I cannot tell you when he will wake up. It could be a few hours or a few days. He also suffers from signs of exhaustion. Right now we have him on an i.v. supplying his body with much needed nutrients. The i.v. is located in his neck so don't let that surprise you because the main vein is the fastest way to administer fluids. We also have him on a feeding tube so do not be surprised if you see the tube in his nose. We are trying to strengthen his body with food and fluids but the rest is up to him. If you will excuse me I have other patients to attend but I can show you to his room. We closely follow him and once we enter Harry lets out a whimper at the sight before him. Louis's sun kissed skin is so pale and his features are gaunt. He looks small and fragile against the white of the hospital sheets. Harry quickly walks over and grasps his hand kissing the knuckles tears flowing freely down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry this is my fault, I tried my best to keep you safe baby. Please come back to me open those beautiful blue eyes of yours. Don't leave me BooBear I need you so badly." Harry gets choked up about halfway through and can barely finish what he is saying. Niall pulls a chair over to Harry and gently says "here love sit down." Harry collapses into the chair still holding tightly to Louis's hand. Simon's two security guards stand in the doorway their eyes intently watching everyone that walks by. A few hours pass and Louis still shows no signs of waking up. Niall walks up to Harry and looks at him intently. "Harry I am not sure if this is the time but I need to tell you something. I feel really bad treating you harshly but I want you to know why I acted the way I did. I was there the night you broke it off with Louis. All of us were there including Louis's and your mum. Louis was planning a surprise party for you to celebrate something." Niall reaches in his pocket and pulls out a silver ring holding it out to Harry.

"He was going to ask you to marry him and when you said yes we were supposed to run out and congratulate the both of you bringing the decorations with us." Harry shakily holds out his hand and Niall deposits the ring in his palm. "You just do not understand how broken he was when you left. I was so enraged at you for causing him that much pain. He was crying so hard his eyes so devoid of life. I made a rash decision to hate you for what you put my best mate through without even thinking that there was another side to the story. Please forgive me for acting the way I did." Harry stands and hugs Niall tightly. "All is forgiven Niall. I probably would have acted the same way." Niall smiles at Harry relief evident on his face. He turns and makes his way back across the room cuddling into Liam's side.

Harry takes a deep breath and looks at the ring. His lower lip trembles and he cannot help the broken sob that escapes his perfect lips. He remembers Louis showing this to him right after they met talking about how important it was to him and showing him the inscription inside. He then notices the added word in a beautiful flowing script on the outside of the ring; forever. "Oh baby I didn't know. I was so cold to you and treated you so badly. I didn't know." Harry takes the ring and slides it on his finger noticing that it is a perfect fit. He brushes the ring with his lips and murmurs yes over and over again. He sits down gathering Louis's hand and holding it to his cheek. He takes a few deep breaths and wipes his eyes with his sleeve. "I think I heard someone say that you should talk and sing to people who are unconscious or in a coma because they can hear you and it helps them wake up faster. I wrote you a song just for you baby. While I was gone I was going through so much, feeling so much and all I wanted was for you to be beside me. I felt like I had left half of my heart with you that night I was forced to walk away and only you can put it back together because you hold my broken half in that beautiful hand of yours." Liam stands and squeezes Harry's shoulder gently as Harry begins to softly sing Louis's song in his mesmerizing voice.