13. Walk Away

A/N: sorry I've been MIA recently, I've been swamped with school work and I've had writers block but I'm back! So here's the next chapter... sorry if it's crappy.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Bri's P.O.V

All this seems unreal. Today is the day I say goodbye to Albuquerque, it's been my home for a while now and I'm gonna miss it. Walking down these empty hallways that once held pictures of our family is sad to see it empty.

I should've knew this was coming, Gabi's smart... smarter than me. She the best one out of the two of us. I wonder if she's said goodbye to Troy yet? Or if she even will.

I really want to say goodbye to Ryan but I can't. He hurt me so bad, usually I could forgive him. What's the point now though? I'm moving. Long distance relationships never work out anyway. I'm lucky that he broke my heart in the long run I guess... I mean it does make it easier to leave.

"Are you okay Gabi?" I asked as she walked off the last step... she didn't say anything only shook her head in a "no" motion.

I walked over to her and opened my arms up and she walked into them giving me a hug. She started sobbing while I gently patted her back. I know it's tough.

A loud car horn honking shook us out of or thoughts. I pulled away from Gabi as she wiped from under her eyes with her fingers.

"We better go before mom gets mad." I told her. She nodded still not saying anything. I grabbed my purse which I was keeping in the front of the van with me and headed out the door right behind my twin.

"I'm sorry this had to happen." Was what our mom said as soon as we pulled away from our house.

Gabi didn't response and just kept her head on the window looking out with tears in her eyes. I ignored mom and put my headphones in, listening to music and drowning out the world.

***

I guess at some point I had fallen asleep because when I woke up we were already at the place we were staying. We have to stay in a hotel for a few nights while mom makes sure the new house is at it's best. Gabi left to go tour the campus and mom left to go check out the house so I'm here all alone. As soon as I sat down my phone went off... I had a text from HIM.

From: Babe
Why didn't you tell me you were moving? Why didn't you say goodbye? Is it over?

To: Babe
I didn't tell you bc you asked another girl to prom while you were dating me! I didn't say goodbye bc I knew I'd be able to forgive and it'd be to hard... and I guess it is over. Have fun with Kelsi.

Maybe I should out and explore here... I mean what could go wrong? I slipped my sandals on and walked out the door grabbing the room key on my way out.

I ended up finding this cute little cafe on the quite end of town. It wasn't very crowded at all. Walking in there were only about three tables occupied. I walked up to the counter and ordered a medium French vanilla iced coffee and a cinnamon roll. After I paid I went and found a seat. I decided to sit in a corner booth.

I was waiting for them to bring out my drink and cinnamon roll when a guy who looked about 19 or 20 came over to my table.

"Are you waiting for someone?" He asked me. He was cute with his messy blondish brown hair, brown eyes, and facial hair.

"No. Not at all. Take a seat." I told him with a smile on my face. He smiled back and sat down right across from me.

"I'm Dylan." He introduced.

"I'm Brianna... call me Bri." I introduced back.

"I take it you're new here." He told me as the cashier put my coffee and cinnamon roll in front of me. I thanked her and turned my attention back to him.

"Why's that?" I asked him with a small smile and my eyebrow raised.

"Because I've never seen you here before. Yet, somehow you know exactly what to order." He told me, I gave him a questioning look since I had just taken a bite of my cinnamon roll. "That's the best things on the menu, if I'm being honest."

I nodded and wiped my mouth with a napkin, "I noticed how good it was." I told him and we both let out a light laugh.

Maybe my laugh is turning around for the better... maybe all I had to do was walk away.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Dylan is portrayed by: BostonTom/Tom Phelan (the YouTuber/reactor)