Chapter Twenty Nine: Found my own way

~4 months later~

Zayn's POV

My eyes scanned my now almost healed wrists. Pinky scratches were fading in my tan skin, but the pain was gone.

I smiled to my self knowing that this day will be a new start for me. I packed the last tee and I zipped my suitcase.

"How are you feeling Mr. Malik?" My therapist walked in the room.

"Oh! Good morning, Liz! I'm so happy that I'm finally going back home! I missed London!" I said with a wide smile spread on my face.

"Why, you didn't like California?!" She raised an eyebrow.

"I did." I chuckled to my own comment.

"Well, today you're going to see your family and friends. Tell me, how are you feeling about this?" She asked as she sat at the edge of the bed.

"I missed them so much, Liz! I want to hug them and kiss them..."

"Maybe Jenna even more!" She smirked at me.

"Yeah..." I blushed and lowered my gaze.

"Well, we better get going. Your friends are waiting for you right outside the bulding." She smiled and I followed her to the front door.

"I'm so happy that you took that desicion Zayn. You're finally healed. Physically and emotionally. I'm so proud of you!" She hugged me tight.

"Thanks, Liz. Without your help and petience I wouldn't have made it!" I spoke to her strawberry blonde hair.

"Now get the hell out of here and go live your life to the fullest!"

I smiled at her and I opened the front door, stepping out the massive building. The hot Californian sun illuminated my skin and I lifted my head up staring at the blue sky. The white clouds were making funny patterns and some black birds were flying. I took a deep breath filling my lungs with oxygen.

Memories of my days here in the 'rehab' kept playing inside my head. The first night here was the worst. I wanted to cut so bad. I wanted to feel the cold blade ripping my flesh and the blood ran. But look at me now! I did it! I finally made it and now I can start a new life. A life where pain, blood and scars don't belong. After many nights of tears and sadness, I can finally dream again.

"Are you going to just sit right there watching the clouds?!" I heard an Irish accent I could recognise everywhere.

"Niall?!" I smiled as I ran towards him.

Liam, Harry and Louis creeped their way and joined for a group hug.

"I missed you so much, lads!" I squealed like a little girl.

"We missed you too, bud!" They all said in unison.

"Enough with that! Come on! We have a surprise for you, Malik!" Liam smirked and I followed them to the black van that was waiting for us.

I climbed in and I almost chocked on air when I saw her!

"Jenna?!"

"Welcome back, Zaynie!" She smiled and pulled me for a bone crashing hug.

I buried my head to the crook of her neck, smelling her. Her perfume! A mixture of all the flowers in the first day of the spring. So fresh and sexy.

"Jen, baby, I missed you so much!" I left a wet kiss on her neck.

"But it was all worth it, right?" Harry joined the conversation.