Chapter 5

Hey sorry I haven't written anything in a while guys I keep getting major writers block! Anyway comment and like if you want to it would make my day:)

PEACE. LOVE. SOUR PATCHES!!!!

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Beth's POV

Do you know what it's like to walk into a hallway full of people and know instantly that they were talking about you? Believe me when I say it is not a pleasant feeling.

It's been a week since I got into the middle of Paul and the nerd, who came up to me later to express his gratitude and introduce himself as George, fighting. I had thought that by the end of the week everything would calm down, but no, I am still the main topic of gossip.

The only bright thing about this week was the fact that Paul and his buffed up bozos hadn't come to school since Monday. I still don't know what to do when he comes back. Hiding is probably my best option.

I walked with my head down trying to ignore all the stares and whispers of my classmates. Audrey walked next to me running her mouth about something that happened in lunch yesterday. I blocked her out and focused on my mission, making it to my locker.

When I was a few steps away from my destination I felt a hand on my shoulder. I squeaked and jumped a little before turning around quickly. Violet stood there laughing while I tried to calm my heart down.

"You should've seen your face! ," Violet said tears running down her face as she continued to laugh at my expense, "That was hilarious."

"Glad I could amuse you. "I mumbled sourly.

I turned to my locker and put in my combination. Audrey rolled her eyes and strutted away towards her group of friends.

"Oh come on. Your not seriously worried about Paul are you?!"Violet exclaimed. I had been jumpy all week and when Violet noticed she forced the reason right out of me.I mean wouldn't you be scared too? I had stepped between the toughest guy at school and his fight. That is certainly not the smartest thing I've ever done.

The other part of my brain couldn't help but remind me that it lead to him wrapping his hands around my waist and nuzzling my neck...

No! It doesn't matter that he is incredibly good looking or that his touch caused a shiver to course through my body. He is still mean and too short tempered. For all I know he might be plotting my death as we speak.

"Earth to Beth. Hello? Are you even listening to me?" Violet waved a hand in front of my face until I turned my attention back to her.

"Yeah sorry. I'm just really out of it today. " I said rubbing my eyes trying to focus on our conversation.

"Look Beth, you have absolutely nothing to worry about. The buffed up bozos probably aren't even coming to school again today. Besides even if they do you don't have Paul in any of your classes." Violet said.

I shut my locker and nodded thinking of the logical side of things. We started walking down the hallway and I said, "Yeah, your probably right."

We both went our separate ways and when I walked into my first period class I felt myself relax. Violets right, I'm gonna be fine. I walked towards my seat still thinking about what Violet said when I heard a deep, husky voice say, "Hello, sweetheart. "

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry it's so short and that it ended on a cliffhanger but I really wanted to put something up today even if it's more just a filler. I hope y'all have a great day!