Chapter 27

~ TRISTAN ~

...Sunday morning...

James told him to come back Sunday afternoon so he could help him catch up on more of his lessons. Right now, he had to attend church with his family. He was slightly excited to go to James', but he had no clue why. He decided to go there a little earlier than usual and surprise him.

When he arrived at the McVey household that afternoon, he could hear people shouting. He could also see that there was another car in their driveway, but it did not belong to James' dad. As he approached the house, he could hear the shouting voices clearer.

"Please, James, you don't know how I feel!" A woman told him. Tristan wondered who he was.

"Well, you don't know how we felt! You left us when we were young. Not that you care, but Sophie became really sad because of you, and now you want to raise her as if you were her mother, which is something I didn't know I still had until now?"

"James, I raised the both of you when you were kids! Don't you dare speak back to me!"

"I have every right to speak back to you, you're not my mum, you're someone who ruined her own family!"

"It's not my fault that I fell in love with someone else."

"Bullshit!" James shouted, and Tristan was completely shocked. He'd never experience James like this.

"Don't you dare say that in front of my face, James Daniel!"

"And what would you do if I did? It's all in the past anyway, right? Just like how you treated us?"

"James, that's enough."

"No, I'm done with this. You're not taking Sophie away from us and that's final."

"James, hear me out, please."

"I DON'T WANT TO! PLEASE LEAVE!" James shouted, then the front door swung open. Tristan watched as the woman came out of the front door, then she went inside her car and drove off. Tristan looked at the front door and saw James sitting on the floor, his head resting over his folded arms. Tristan immediately went towards him, although he had no idea on how he should comfort James.

Tristan went down on James' level and patted his shoulder. James looked up in surprise, then Tristan immediately gave him a sympathetic smile. James couldn't help himself, so he burst out crying and welcomed himself in Tristan's arms. Tristan willingly hugged him back.

"I'm here for you, it's alright." Tristan said as he continued rubbing the older boy's back. James continued crying, making Tristan a little uncomfortable because his shoulder was getting wet. He didn't mind it at all, though - James didn't when Tristan cried on his shoulder, so why would he? Plus, James is his friend, right? Well, at least that was what he thought, and that's what he's afraid of - that they'll only be friends.

But it can't be true that he has feelings for James, right?

Maybe he's confused because he misses Brad. He's got the best boyfriend anyone could ask for.

~ JAMES ~

"She w-wanted to take S-Sophie." He blurted out, then Tristan pulled away. Tristan sat on the steps in front of the front door then tapped on the space beside him, asking James to sit with him. James immediately sat there.