Chapter 19

(WARNING: mentions of self-harm)

~ TRISTAN ~

After going to the toilets to do some personal necessities, he found himself standing in front of the music room and heard his boyfriend's beautiful voice. He looked at the window and began to watch.

It's a long way to follow you, girl
Wanna know that our love will sink like stones

I will stand here with my friends and I'll get written off
We will laugh and learn to rest when we're older
I will stand here with my friends and I'll get written off
We will laugh and learn to rest when we're older
Like a film without an end, will we just play pretend?
Whatever time we've all got left, let's get written off again

That's when Connor started singing, and, boy, was he getting jealous.

When he heard them sing together, their voices blended beautifully. He wondered if they also blended beautifully when whey walk down the corridors.

When they were done singing, they were given a round of applause, and Tristan gave them a slow, sarcastic clap, even though no one inside the music room could hear him. He thought the song was good, but his boyfriend hanging out with Connor isn't. He went away from the music room so he could go back to his class.

The whole walk from the music room just made him think more about his relationship with Brad. He considered it special, and he's not going to let anyone ruin it. He's starting to regret promising James that he'll lay off Connor, but he needed the boost to maintain his scholarship, which is something only his family and James knew.

When the bell rang, he got out of his seat and packed his things. When the room was nearly empty, James approached him.

"See you later, yeah?" James asked him, and he nodded his head. He was thankful that it was only the two of them left in the room or else other people would see them together, and that would not be good.

He went to the Music room to pick Brad up, then they both went to the parking lot.

"Brad?" Tristan asked him.

"Yeah?"

"Do you love me?"

"Of course, babe."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I am. What makes you think otherwise?"

"Nothing. It's just that, you know..."

"Know what?"

"I saw you and Connor's performance. It was lovely, I admit, but I don't want to lose you."

"Babe, you're not losing me, okay?"

"But it's my last year in this school! You and Connor could possibly, you know, get it on while I'm gone."

"I can assure you that that wouldn't happen, okay? I love you and no one else."

They shared a kiss. When they pulled apart, Brad was blushing.

Or maybe it was an embarassed glow...