Chapter 1: Eva's P.O.V

The wise old men always say, be vigilant when it comes to love. As a child, I always used to think that phrase was dim-witted and only lost souls would think like that. In my eyes the world was a beautiful thing where the sun was always shining bright and the moonlight was magical. It was always easy to believe in fairies and princes, and god, who knew what else. I haven't changed much in the sense of loving nature, so how come on this bright Tuesday morning, I couldn't seem to get out of bed? My eyes were open, and even if I wanted to close them and crawl back under the covers, I couldn't. Two reasons why. First, the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't seem to leave, and second, I just moved into this new house and we didn't have the curtains up yet, so the sun was killing me. Not to mention I was sleeping on a couch in my room, and the fact that my room was situated on the east side of the house made it worse. The sun was practically above my head!

    "Eva!" My mother barges into the room looking stressed out. "It's 8:30 in the morning, you were supposed to be there early," she grumbles, pulling the covers off of me.

    "Say what now?" I jump out without another thought, barging past her and into the washroom down the hall.

    "Mom, can you put out some clothes for me!?" I yell at her, already turning on the tap and starting to brush my teeth, and at the same time sliding out of my night clothes. As soon as I get into the tub and the lukewarm water from the shower trickles down my back, I seem to forget about what time it is and instead try to smooth out the tight muscles around my shoulders from staying up all night. Don't get me wrong here, I didn't stay up all night for no good cause. I wanted to finish my latest manuscript so that I could send it to the publisher by Friday. I was an author, and I didn't want to have extra work to do during the school week. After about a good 15 minutes, I turn of the tap and wrap myself with a towel. I stand in front of the mirror and try to brush out a few knots from my auburn hair. I figure since I'm already as late as it is, I might as well take my time. After my hair is smoothed out and I've tied it behind in a quick bun, I step out of the steamy washroom and paddle my way to my room. My mom has stretched out a pair of dark jeans and a white blouse on my bed. Great, first days of school always had to be formal. Without any further a dew, I slip into the clothes, grab my bag from the floor, and rush out of my room.

    "Don't tell me, 'there's no time for breakfast'," my mother sigh's watching me slide into my shoes.

    "Don't worry, I'll get something on my way there," I assure her, giving her a hug.

    "Dad, I love you! Bye!" I shout from the doorway.

    "Good luck on your first day!" He replies from the living room. I can't help but roll my eyes at his monotonous voice.

    "I will," I laugh, and shut the door behind me. The air is uncontaminated today thanks to the shower last night. I walk down the driveway towards my red Mercedes- Who I like to call Mimi, if you must know. One of the great things about living with your beloved parents is that you don't have to worry about multi-tasking. I don't have to start my car because my parents have already done it for me. Now it's all warm and ready to go. I get behind the wheel and check the time one last time. 8:50. Great, what a terrible start at a new school. I was going to be fired before I could count to three.

    It took me about 20 minutes to get to school, but when I did, the student parking lot was full and there was nobody to be seen. I quickly get into an empty space in the teachers lot, and jump out of the car. I really wasn't looking forward to meeting the class. Letting out one last groan, I push the glass doors and enter the school building. The school itself is pretty nice. Ordinary for a high school. It had a huge sign outside that read 'McHenry Senior Public school', and it looked new, so that was already five points. I make my way to towards the office which- thankfully- was just in front of the entrance. The blonde lady behind the desk gives me a pointed look as I tell her my name and position and she signs my name on a piece of paper.