Chapter 12

--

I left you guys on a cliffhanger, but not a totally nail-biting one, right? It shouldn't be too unpredictable. :)

I'm not sure how many chapters are going to be in this book, but I'd say I'm almost halfway through before I'm finished. It's making me a little sad that this story is getting close. I really enjoy writing this one.

As a late Christmas present and simply because you guys are amazing, I'm giving you two new chapters tonight. I feel like these two both have satisfying endings to them. Enjoy Andrew's cuteness!

--

Chapter 12

"As a matter of fact," I say. I whip my head around and grab an open pole hanging on the wall. "Yes, I would love to play pool."

"You're probably a lot better than Maurice," Andrew says, smirking.

The blonde guy perks up and his eyes squint. "Shut up, Andrew. Anyone's better than you."

Andrew makes a face. "Claire bear here," he says, "Won't beat me if her life depends on it."

Maurice smiles and sets up his shot. His shoulders gently relax and he releases a breath as he hits an orange-striped ball across the table. It hits the side edge of the table and stops abruptly in front of one of the goals.

"Told you," Andrew says to me.

"Who's team am I on?" I ask while leaning on my pole.

Maurice and two brunette boys exchange looks. "Well," begins Andrew. "Josh is on my team." He points to the better looking brunette. "Maurice and Vance are on a team." Josh looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"That didn't answer my question."

"Well, who's team do you want to be on?" Andrew asks.

I study the rest of the guys and look back at Andrew. "I guess I'll be on your team. You're the only person I know here."

He winks. "Aww, Claire bear, you chose me."

I wrinkle my nose playfully. "Please, you were my last resort."

He slaps my shoulder and chuckles. "I know you like me."

"I know you're wrong."

I shove him away from me and that leads him on even more. He smiles as he grabs my arms and puts me in a headlock. My nose is pressed against his chest and Andrew has my wrists in his hands. "Andrew-"

He laughs and twirls me around.

"Let to of me!" I yell against him. Once again, he smells really good. It's a unique smell; one that describes him in simple ways.

"What do you say?"

I roll my eyes and eventually stop struggling out of his grip. I look up into the eyes I'm too familiar with. "Just let me go."

He sighs and sets me free. "You don't know how to have fun, Claire bear."

"You're right, I don't." I cross my arms I've my chest.

"Claire here doesn't know how to have fun because she's an intelligent virgin." Kyle says. "Andrew, you are neither of those. Well, you're smart, but not Claire smart."

I'm not the only surprised. Andrew's chin drops and he gapes at Kyle. I didn't know he could hear our conversation. I didn't know he got up from the couch.

"What was that?" I turn away from Andrew and face Kyle.

Kyle clears his throat. "I said you were intelligent."