Chapter 9 The gift of memories

I know i know it's been forever. i honestly thought no one was reading this story, but then i started getting cmmts... so here i am... more votes and cmmts the more i write...  so here we are... not much but i hope you like every word. cmmt and let me know.... should i keep updating????

Chapter 8: The gift of memories.

The wedding, for such short notice still had every seat full. Roderick’s brother, Jonathan was just on time, arriving with his family, who was unbelievably happy for Roderick.

Waiting for the finishing touches, to walk into her future, Lillian heard a knock at the door. She didn’t answer hopping they’d go away leaving her in her last single minutes alone, but the person on the other side was persistent.

“Lillian?” the whisper had her whipping her head to the door. 

“What are you doing in here?” she sneered. “Have you not done enough?” she asked looking at her brother.

“I had something sent for you.” Edwin walked through the door, closing it behind him, while keeping whatever it was behind his back hidden.

Lillian was still upset with her younger brother, her stubbornness gave her the ability to not even try and sneak a glance at his gift.

“Come on Lil’, you cannot be this upset, it’s your wedding day.” Still Lillian made no attempt to speak with her brother; she didn’t even glance at him.

“Fine, your gift will be on the bed, maybe it can cheer you up.” Lillian herd her brothers footsteps, as he walked to the bed, then to the door, hearing the creek as it opened, but not hearing him step out, and closing the door behind him. “This is what’s best for you Lillian, you may not see it now, but Roderick would do anything in the world for you. He always has.” She heard the steps and the door close, Lillian turned to the door, not knowing if she should run after her brother and demand what he meant by his last sentence.

But what was on the bed stopped her, slowly Lillian got up from the chair she was sitting in by the window, watching people arrive, most she didn’t even know. She walked over to the bed, reaching out hesitantly, as if she touched it, it would fade away; disappear like the last time she held it.

When her fingers conceded with the lace fabric, Lillian coked up not believing what was in front on her was real. Quickly she lifted the wedding gown of her late mother; Lillian felt the tears falling from her face before she even realized she was crying.

The last time Lillian had held this dress was the day her mother had passed, unfortunately it was also the day her baby brother was brought into the world.

Lillian clutched the dress closer as images of the best and worst day of her life was brought back to her, after all this time of shoving the memory aside.

She could still smell her mother’s blood, and hear the sounds of her new baby brother, screaming after life was brought to him.

Lillian was waiting patiently for her brother to arrive scene the day her parents sat her down and explained to her that her mother was expecting. Lillian was told to wait outside the room as her mother bore him.

Her father opened the door, with such a look of love that Lillian became impatient, she jumped into her father’s waiting arms, as he walked her to the bed side of her mother.

Lillian who was still in her father’s arms was wiggling with excitement as she saw her mother cooing to a bundle all wrapped up, but Lillian still couldn’t see him.

Her father chuckled, as Lillian all but jumped out of his arms to get a closer look. “Are you ready to meet your baby brother Edwin Allan DeBrook the III my little princess?” her father asked in his chuckling tone. Lillian nodded vigorously trying to get the point across that she couldn’t wait any longer. She didn’t understand why she had to wait so long in the first place.