Chapter Seven. Hidden Passion

Chapter Seven.

'Lord Demar how are you this fine summers day?' Lillian asked taking the horse back to the stables.

'Better now Miss DeBrook. I heard news you were back from your visit with your brother early. Who was the man you were just with? I have not seen him here before.'

'He is the Doctor that Saved Anne when we were out of town, Anne gave thanks by inviting him the party.'

'May I help you? I’ll take your fathers & Anne's.'

'I can do it.'

'Yes but a lady shouldn't have to.'

'Fine why don't you take all three, I’ll be in the house when you are done my lord.' Handing Elliot the reins Lillian strolled off to the house.

Lillian walked into the house Seeing Anne & Roderick setting out to play a game of chess. Feeling tired she decided to do her night chores & try to get to sleep earlier.

'Lillian you must watch us play.'

'No thank you Anne I want to have an early night, If Elliot comes to the door do explain.'

Laughing Anne answered, ‘he’s never going to give up. Unless he fined an equal or better suitor.'

'Than I shall have to find him one.'

By the time Lillian was done Roderick & Anne's game was over. Roderick won, but Anne claimed he cheated.

Lillian offered to help Anne to bed but Anne said she'd get her mother’s servant Glenda to help her so Lillian can go to bed.

After Anne went up to bed, Lillian picked up her candle & headed to her room. Seeing something out of the corner of her eye Lillian gasped.

'Lillian' Roderick was there in an instant brushing her hair out of her face.

'My lord don't just walk in the dark without a light you scared me ghostly white.'

'My candle blew out; I was coming to use yours. I am very sorry.'

Lillian held out her candle for Roderick to light his. Leaning his candle to hers it lit, as he pulled away & a drop of hot wax escaped & hit Lillian’s hand. She sucked in a hiss. But Roderick was there whipping away the wax, & kissing where it used to be.

 'I'm sorry.' He said looking up into her eyes sincerely, while his lips lingered on her hand.

Lillian felt a pinch in her stomach an ache that could only be relieved by his touch. Quickly she withdrew her hand.

'I- I- bid you goodnight my lord.'

Lillian hurried up the stairs to her room. Why was Roderick’s touch so intoxicating, why when he kissed her she felt her body was on fire, between her legs she felt a tingle. When her placed her on the desk & touched her aching breasts she almost begged for him to touch her between the damp thighs.

She knew she must keep her distance from Roderick, to never be alone with him. Lillian slept restlessly through the night.

The next day she awoke early to start her daily chores. When she finished walked into the house to help the cook start breakfast. Walking into the kitchen Lillian was surprised to see Anne up already helping the cook.

'Good morning Lillian, today is going to be a beautiful day don't you think?'

'Yes I do believe so, your helping in the kitchen?'

'Yes, every lady should learn to prepare a meal, if I am to be married ma'ma says.'

Lillian smiled & gave a helping hand to Anne, laughing when Anne burnt her first egg.