Chapter six. Surprises.

Chapter six.

Roderick arrived the next morning. To be greeting by what looked to be Anne's father.

'Hello sir how may I help you?' Anne's Father said reaching out his had to be shaken.

'My name is Roderick Berries, I was invited to a party by your-'

'Ah Lord Berries the doctor, I'm Allen Dudley. My little Anne has done nothing but talk about you scene she arrived back home. I'm afraid my lord your about three days early. But do not fret you may stay with us till then, seeing as you did save my daughter’s life.'

'Just cured the common cold. Thank you sir it would be an honor to stay here.'

'Let me make the orders to have a room set up & ill introduce you to the rest of the family, right this was my lord.' Allen led the way to the house letting Roderick go in first so Allen could dust off his pants.

***

Lillian began hers days’ work as soon as the sun rose, she wasn't sleeping well anyways. She couldn't keep her mind from thinking about Roderick. It had been a full day & a half scene she had left him. But her heart hurt more than the first time. She finished her chores & thought she'd go for a walk, heading out the door the bright sun was in her eyes & she couldn't see where she was going. When she hit the wall she knew instantly it wasn't a wall. She looked up into Roderick’s eyes uncertain, she may be day dreaming, breathing in his sent she felt her pule start racing she must be going Crazy to be imagining something so real. With a tweak of an eyebrow he spoke her name. 'Lillian.' She gasped yes it was a dream Roderick didn’t remember her, he didn't know she was Lillian. He's best friend Lillian, that he use to share laughs with, go on walks with, learn about the world together, he even protected her, made he laugh when she was sad. Held her when her mother died, gave her sweet words when her father died cursing her name. She knew now how much she missed Roderick. But she could never have him. He was much too good for her. Snapping back to reality at her uncle called her name.

'Lillian.' She pushed away the toughed& wondered why her imagination of Roderick was still holding her. 'Lillian, I believe you know lord Berries.'

Realization struck she pushed herself out of his arms not taking her eyes away from. 'He will be staying with us till the party this Friday. Will you please set up a room for him?

'Yes uncle right away.'

'You may follow Lillian sir.'

Lillian froze in place. 'Uncle I don't think it very wise-'

'Lillian please he is our guest.'

Letting out a sigh 'right this way my lord.'

Roderick followed Lillian into one of the guest rooms. Once he was fully in the room she quickly shut the door & stood right in front of him with fire in her eyes.

'Why have you followed me?'

'I was invited,’ Roderick said as-a-matter-of-fact like ‘Miss Anne wanted me to come to the party.'