Back Home - Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I awoke to a light rumbling.  I looked up and realized I was lying on Chase’s chest.  The rumbling had been him snoring.  I gently took his arm off of me and walked upstairs to get some clothes.  I grabbed one of his baggy shirts and boxers.  I quickly slipped them on and went back downstairs quietly.  I walked into the kitchen and looked around for some supplies to make breakfast.  I found some ingredients for blueberry pancakes, and chocolate chip muffins.  I quickly made it and grabbed some milk.

I walked into the living room after I set everything on the table and smiled.  Chase was still snoring lightly with his mouth ajar. How should I wake him up?  I sat down on his lap with my legs crossed and smiled.  His eyes started to flutter as soon as I sat down.  He looked at me and gave me a smile.  I leaned in and gave him a peck on his cheek before hugging him. 

“Hey,” he said his voice thick with sleep. 

I got up and grabbed his hands, “Come on.”

He followed me stumbling a bit.  I giggled and pulled a chair out for him. He seemed more awake once he saw the food.  I laughed as he piled food on his plate like he never ate before.

He looked up with a mouth full of food and said, “Are you gonna have any?”

I shrugged and sat down across from him.

“So, what do you want to do today?” I asked.

He looked up at me from shoving a pancake in his mouth.  He quickly swallowed it and cleared his throat.

“Don’t you need to work out your family issues?” He asked with a concerned face. 

I looked down at my fingers and sighed, “I don’t know……I just don’t want to face them.”

He nodded, “When you’re ready, you can face them, I won’t push you.”

“Thank you,” I said.

“And as to your question, we can do whatever you want,” he said.

I thought, what should we do, what could we do?

“Can we go to the mall, I need a dress for Carly’s surprise birthday party, and some other things,” I said excitedly.

“Ok, as long as I can pick out some for you to try on,” He said winking.

I chuckled and agreed. 

He quickly finished the food and then looked me over, “Um, don’t you need like, girl clothes before we go, not that you don’t look amazing in mine, but you know.”

I looked down and blushed; I still had his clothes on.

“I’ll have to stop home first,” I said looking down.

“Should we go?” He asked.

I nodded and followed him out the door.  We walked in silence back to my house.  He reached out and grabbed my hand giving me a reassuring squeeze before I went inside my house.

I hopped up the roof and opened the window.  I jumped down and grabbed some clothes.

I put on a light pink tank top that overlapped halfway down and had ruffles on the right shoulder, a brown ruffled skirt, and some brown buckled ankle boots.  I brushed my hair and slipped on a pink flower headband.

There was a knock on my door and I quickly grabbed my purse, before jumping out the window.  Shutting it behind me I jumped off the roof and ran to Chase dragging him behind me.

We started off towards the mall hand in hand.

“So what have you been doing lately?” I asked.

“Sleeping, eating, sleeping, watching TV, and did I mention sleeping?” he said, giving me a smile.

I laughed, “You need to get up and do something.”

“Isn’t that what I’m doing now?”

I nodded, “So,” I said awkwardly.

We walked the rest of the way silent. 

We arrived within a few minutes and I walked straight to my favorite dress store.  It had dresses for anything.  It had any dress you could imagine, that’s why it was my favorite store for dresses.

I ran around looking at dresses.  I grabbed a long aqua one, a short pink one, and a mid-thigh purple one with a long train.  I looked around and grabbed a few more before running to the dressing room.

I came out in the first one and walked in front of the mirror.  The first dress was aqua, was long, flowing and had a sweetheart neckline.  I liked it but I wasn’t in love with it, so I walked right back into the dressing room.  I quickly put on the next one and walked out to the mirror.  This one was a little above my knee, was white with some black flowers, and had spaghetti straps.  I really liked this one, but I might want to try some more on just in case.

Chase walked over to me with a couple and handed them to me smiling.  I looked through them, there was a short red one with a lot of flowers, a short plain white one, and a red sparkled one.  I walked to the dressing room and tried on the red one.  I walked out and looked in the mirror.  I absolutely loved this one!   The red dress was strapless, had sparkles all over the top and had fathers at the bottom for the skirt.

I looked over at chase and gave him a huge smile, “This is the one!”

I jumped up and hugged him.

“Thank you thank you thank you!” I squealed.

I quickly went back to the dressing room and took it off.  I put my regular clothes back on and walked out of the dressing room.

Walking up to the check out I asked if they could hold my dress while I looked around.  They took it and hung it on a rack.

I turned and looked around for shoes and accessories.  I found some silver heart earrings, silver sparkled shoes, and a flower headband.  I decided I had everything and went up to pay for my items.

“Is that all?” The lady at the checkout asked.

“I also have a red dress, I asked an employee to hold it for me, they put it on that rack,” I said pointing to the rack that the employee put it on.  But it wasn’t there now…and there was only one in this whole store.

I looked around and found my dress…with someone trying it on.

“You!” I yelled, “That’s my dress!”

The girl looked over with wide eyes and ran back to the dressing room.  I quickly made it over to her stall and crawled under it.

The girl looked shocked that I crawled underneath the stall.  She had the dress in her hand and only had on shorts and a tanktop.

“Give me my dress back.”

I held out my hand waiting for her to give it back.  She gripped on to it tighter and pushed past me causing me to fall.  But I wasn’t giving up, I got up and ran after her.  I was slowly gaining on her, but she quickly turned right and threw down clothes behind her off of the nearest table.  I jumped over them and grabbed her foot making her fall.  Grabbing the dress out of her hands I ran to the checkout and set it on my pile of items.

I smiled at the employee who was staring at me with wide eyes and mouth hanging open.

“Could you check out my items?” I asked.

She looked back down and started checking out my items.  A hand wrapped around my waist, and I looked up smiling.

Chase leaned down and kissed me on the cheek.

“That’s my girl,” he whispered in my ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, well here you go!  So sorry for the long wait.  Honestly I have no excuse, but I just have been depressed for a while, so I haven't really done much.