Back Home - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Thank you for flying with us and have a great day,” Yes I was finally back home!

I grabbed my bag and ran off the plane pushing people out of my way.  I looked around for my brothers’.  I saw them and ran up to them, jumping on Jason. 

He looked uncomfortable.  “Um, hello…can I help you with something?”

“Yeah you can welcome your little sis home!” I said.

 It took him a while to recognize me, I hugged him and he hugged me back. 

He let me down, “You sure changed,” He said.

“Well duh, I’m not that little girl people can push around anymore, I don’t take crap from anybody,” I said.  Ever since I turned into a wolf on my 16th birthday I didn’t take crap from anybody.  It didn’t matter if it was a teacher, bully, or an animal I still didn’t take crap.

“Well good,” he said. 

“Still shy huh Jeremy?” I asked Jeremy. 

He smiled, “I’m evil at heart,” I laughed, hugging him. 

“Come on I want to go home,” I said. 

We got out to the parking lot, “Can I drive!?”  I asked. 

He thought, “Please, Please, Pleaseeeee?” I asked.

 He groaned and handed me the keys, “I am going to regret this aren’t I?”

 I nodded my head, “Yup!” I said.  I got in and, laughed. 

“Ready?” I asked.

“No,” They both said.  “Oh well,” I said, hitting the gas pedal. 

I stopped the car outside of the house, and got out. 

“I think I am going to hurl,” Jason said running towards the house.  I laughed dragging Jeremy inside. 

I walked up to my room and unpacked my stuff. 

Walking into Jason’s room I said “Hey I’m gonna go for a walk.” He nodded, and I left. 

I walked out to the woods behind our house and stripped down, so I don’t ruin my clothes, and started to run.  I was on all fours within seconds.  I had white fur, with one spot of black on my tail.  I loved to run in wolf form.

While I was running, I came to a stop sniffing the air.  There was someone else here.  I looked around and saw a black wolf, he was jet black with one white spot one his tail…creepy much.  I would say so.  The wolf had green eyes; I stared at him for a while. 

He is your mate my wolf told me.  What is she talking about?  What is a mate? 

I took off running back towards my house.  I stopped at my clothes and changed back.  Putting my clothes back on I walked back towards my house.  I got inside and started walking upstairs towards my room. 

I heard some mumbles in Jason’s room.  I walked over to the door and looked through the peep hole; my brothers’ and five other boys were talking.  Weird, but I listened.

“Do you know if she is one of us?” Someone I didn’t recognize said. 

“No, what are we supposed to do just walk up to her and say, ‘Hey Zoey, we were wondering if you were a werewolf?’” another said sarcastically.