Back Home - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Jason helped me up and started helping me inside.  But something didn’t seem right; I looked over my shoulder to see my mate, the black wolf staring at me.  We locked eyes before I tripped over something and almost took a face plant.

“Thanks,” I mumbled to Jason as he stood me back up.  I quickly walked to my room and shut the door locking it.  I quickly opened the window and walked onto the roof.  I jumped down landing on my feet and sprinting into the forest.  I heard a twig snap and whipped my head towards the sound.  The black wolf jumped out of nowhere and landed in front of me.

“Who are you?” I asked him knowing he couldn’t answer me.  I stared into his green eyes and waited for an answer.

Zoey, get away from him I heard Jason say.

I wasn’t putting up with Jason right now; I blocked him out of my head along with the rest of the pack.

I briefly looked up at the house seeing all the boys standing watching me in awe.  I sighed and started running quickly turning into wolf form.  My clothes turned to shreds as I changed.  I didn’t need to look back to know he was following me.  He quickly took the lead and I eagerly followed him.  He came to a stop at a little cabin in the middle of nowhere.  He walked around the corner before coming back with a long grey shirt and dropped it at my feet.

I quickly walked around the corner and shifted back, slipping the shirt over myself.  I peeked around the corner before walking out.  The shirt came right above my knees and was really baggy.  I kept my head down as I walked back to him.

He turned around in just shorts and I could feel my breath get caught in my throat.  He was gorgeous to say the least.

He motioned for me to follow and I hesitantly did.  I walked in and was greeted by the smell of vanilla.  He grabbed my hand and I flinched at the spark before following.  He led me upstairs and dug through a dresser before handing me a pair of blue shorts that came to the knee.  Once I pulled them on he turned back around and smiled.  I felt myself smile back and everything seemed to fit together.  I felt my muscles loosen and slowly I heard yelling.

Zoey you better come back before Jason hurts someone,  Nick said.

Tell him to calm down I’ll be home in a little bit,  I said back.

“Shit,” I muttered realizing Jason now knew where I was.

“What’s the matter?” He asked rubbing the back of his hand on my cheek.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m Chase Campbell, Alpha of the Campbell Pack,” He said puffing out his chest.

I laughed and poked him in the chest, “So, why do my brothers’ hate you so much?”

“Our two packs haven’t exactly been on friendly terms the past couple years,” He said.

“Well Jason’s about to have an aneurysm, I better get going,” I said.

“Wait, I want you to meet my parents,” He said.

“How about I come back tomorrow in my actual clothes,” I said holding back a laugh.

“Ok I’ll be waiting for you at 9:30,” He said.

I nodded, “Hopefully everyone will be asleep by then.”

I started turning around before being yanked back.  He crashed his lips to mine, before breaking away.  I whimpered without knowing and quickly put a hand over my mouth.  I felt my cheeks getting red, he pulled my hand away before kissing me on the cheek leaving me dazed.  I turned around and walked outside and ran to the forest; making sure I was out of sight I took off his clothes and changed into my wolf form.  I picked the clothes up in my teeth and started running back.

I jumped up on the roof before hopping into my room through the window.  I shifted back and slipped on his shirt before shutting and locking the window.

“Glad to see your back,” I heard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so here is the next chapter, I feel like I am rushing this too much but tell me what you think.  Remember to comment vote and fan.  Thanks :)

-Megan <3