7. It's normal Jack

I breath in a slow breath and continue to stare off into nothing. My home office is quiet but my mind is screaming loudly. Why did I have to ever come across Kat? Why am I so fucked up over this? Over her?

"Jack!" Jane shouts out. I swivel in my chair to face her. How the hell did I not hear her come in? "Babe I have been calling you. What's going on? Did you not hear me?" She asks gently. The attitude and defensive demeanor she exhibited earlier is now long gone.

"Sorry Jane, what do you need?" I briskly ask not really wanting to speak with her now. Her bob trembles as she whips her head around and purses her lips. "Jack, what the is going on with you? Just thirty minutes before you storm into the house declaring how unhappy you are with me and stating that we needed to talk." She finished with an exacerbated gesture of throwing her hands up in the air.

"Jane_"

"Is it someone else?" She interrupts with a sniff of her up turnt nose. Standing before me she resembles a beautiful ice queen who is addressing her court. Looking over my beautiful wife, I almost smile as I remember all those years ago when I had first fell in love with her. I can remember having all of those butterflies and warm sensations that I no longer feel towards her and the knowledge of it is crushing me. This kind of thing is not suppose to happen to me...to us. How do you even explain to someone that?

Having no way of sugar coating the truth, I croak out in despair, "Yes".

Jane doesn't give away that she feels anything about my disloyal confession. She just simply sighs and sits down in the leather sofa facing my desk as if I only just had confessed to being afraid of the dark and not being enraptured by another woman.

Her figure blurs as I silently stare at her and beg without words for her to say something. She lets out another sigh and smiles softly, "Jack don't be silly. It's normal for you to feel this way in some form or another at some point in our marriage. God, you had me worried that you were trying to ask for a divorce!" She attempts to joke out.

But I don't feel the least bit in a joking mood. It's normal? What the hell is she talking about?! "Jane what do you mean by it being normal? This isn't normal! I just fucking told you that I am losing interest in our marriage because of a recent interest in another woman. Why aren't you angry or hurt or hell I don't know...emotional?!"

"Honey don't be so dramatic, it is normal to_"

"It's normal to be attracted to others yes! It's normal to find others attractive, I know this! It's normal t-to even think of another fondly the way someone who is single would and interested may think of another. But it isn't normal to lose total interest in your current relationship because of said attraction. That isn't normal Jane!"

Jane gives me a blank look and crosses her arms across her chest. And that's when a thought hit me, does she also currently feel or have felt this way before?

"You are talking as if you have gone through the same thing Jane." I spit out feeling my balled up fists shaking on top of my desk. The ball of dread blossoms as her face refuses to give anything away to me.

"Don't Jack. Of course I have never felt that way. You are a man. You are more prone to feeling this way then I would. You men will always inevitably lose interest. It's in your nature. All I am saying is that it's completely fine that you feel that way."

I frown and I push away at the ball of uncertainty as I can see that she is clearly lying. "Who was it Jane? Was it the guy in Las Vegas? The one who made you forget your vows?" I sneer out strangely enough not feeling hurt or jealous....just more disgusted at how quick she is to accept such an act of disloyalty from me.