Chapter Six

Ally slowly opened her eyes. Her lids felt so heavy and all she wanted to do was close them and fall back asleep. Making no noise nor movement, she started to look around.

They had moved her an hour ago to the new hospital. The room was large with light blue walls. It was a private room so she had no room mate. And there was a small couch across from her bed. Flowers and stuffed bears were all over the place. She knew who they were all from, epically the orange roses that sat the closest to her.

A weak smile came to her lips as she let the smell of the flowers wrap around her. It was much better then the smell of hospital. The sound of a knock on her door drew her back to reality as she looked over.

The door opened and a female doctor walked in. A gentle smile came to her face as she walked over to her, “Hello Ally. I’m Liz, your new doctor.” She sat next to her bed, “I wanted to let you know that I’m going to take good care of you.”

Ally smiled at her, “It’s nice to meet you Liz. What are you going to do to make me better?”

“Well.” Liz glanced at her chart, “We are going to start you off on Chemo.”

“That hurts, doesn’t it?” She let herself relax into the bed.

A sad look came to her eyes, “Yes, it does. It will be really pain full. You wont be able to keep food down, you wont have any strength, and… Your hair will fall out.” She spoke softly.

Ally fought back tears as she looked at her, “Okay… Who needs hair anyways, right? It’s over rated, and I know I can rock being balled.”

Liz laughed, “Your one strong girl Ally” Ally laughed softly with her. Standing, Liz put the chart on the wall next to her door, “A nurse will be coming in shortly. They will be setting you up to some machines, get you a new Iv, and get… Your last meal request. After this, everything will make you sick.”

“At least I’ll be skinny.” Ally joked as the Liz left, telling her goodbye.

Looking up at the large TV, she pushed the button to turn it on. Instantly Comedy Channel greeted her with Scrubs. A grin spread across her face as she watched JD eating a chocolate Turk’s hand.

“Ah, I see you enjoy the amazing genius of Scrubs. I think we have something in common.” A deep male voice mused from the door.

Ally glanced over at the large man that was in pink scrubs. Her lips twitched a little as she studied him. The need to laugh grew fast inside her. He grinned and raised his hands in a surrender like way.

“I know I know. Huge male nurse in bright pink scrubs. It’s hilarious, go head and laugh.” He watched her.

She shook her head quickly and regretted it when a sharp pain shot through her head, the being of a major headache, “No, I wont laugh. I’m Ally by the way.”

“I know who you are.” He stated as he walked in, tugging some things in with him. “I’m going to be your own personal nurse. I will be at your side all the time Ally. Also, get this, my names Turk.” He smirked as he watched Ally’s eyes widen.

“Now, lets get started.” He showed her everything. As he showed, he also told her what everything did and why it was essential. Ally couldn’t help but feel at ease talking to him. It made her happy that he wasn’t treating her like someone that was to stupid to understand what was going on.

When he had finished doing everything, he turned all attention to her. “Okay, now, what will you like to eat tonight. You can have anything you want, your wish is our command.” Turk smiled brightly at her.

Ally pretended to think. But she already knew what she wanted. “Lets see. I want a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup.”

He stared at her for a moment, “Really?”

She shrugged, “Mom use to make it for me when ever I got sick. I want it to be my last real meal. The meal of champions.”

Turk nodded. After giving Ally a small hug, he looked over the equipment and then left. The door closed lightly behind him. It didn’t even make a noise.

Ally looked back at the TV as she heard JD start talking about what he had learned. “I guess in the end, things seldom work out the way you expect. sometimes, fate is on your side. other times, well, you’ve kind of sealed your own fate. either way you have to trust that whatever’s supposed to happen, will happen.” A sad smile came to her face at the thought that what he had said was true.

Shaking her head, she turned the volume up a little. Within in no time she had lost herself. The crazy life of John Dorian wiped away her own thoughts as she watched. Her favorite episode came on and she found herself crying at the end when Dr. Cox realized that his best friend was truly dead and he was at his funeral.

Ally quickly turned the TV off and stared up at the ceiling, “I wont die.” She whispered to herself. For some reason, she believed herself 100%

After a few hours. Turk returned. He had her food with him. As she ate, he sat with her and the two talked. He made her laugh and forget everything. Even though, the whole time, all she could think about was the hell that she would be going into in the morning.

--------------------------------------------

Nurse Turk is amazing, he truly was always at her side. I went to visite her one day and found him doing her make-up XD As for scrubs, it was her favorite show, Ally had seen every episode... Well, leave love?