Chapter Eight

Ally stared at her reflection. The person staring back at her wasn’t her. The person staring at her was someone else. An empty shell of what use to be a living person. A year had already passed and she was in the hospital, again.

They had aloud her to go home. For a few days she was fine. But it didn’t last. Her condition got worse and they were forced to put her back into intensive care. She hated it. The thought that her mother was working herself to death for her. She hated it so much.

Clenching her hands into fists. She narrowed her eyes on her reflection, “I hate you!” She shouted, tears filling her eyes, “Why do you have to look like this! Why cant you just get better!?’ She tried hard to not scream, but ended up doing it anyways.

Instantly Turk was at the door. He looked so worried as he stared at her. Crying, she slid to the floor and hid her face in her hands. “I hate this so much… Everyone’s suffering because of me…” She whispered.

Eliot walked down the hall. It seemed colder then usual to him but he didn’t mind. It felt nice, compared to the heat outside. His eyes scanned over everything in the hall. It was a different part of the hospital. A part he had not gone to yet. Turk had told him that Ally was in a room in this part.

Walking, he soon came to the room. It had no door. When he walked in, he saw that it was a small chapel. His eyes landed on his sister who was sitting in the front. He went to her side and took her hand.

“I thought you hated church.” He half joked.

“I don’t… I just never thought it was important.” She wouldn’t look at him.

Eliot looked at her, “Ally… Why are you in here?”

“I’m thinking…”

“About what?”

“Everything….” She looked down at her lap, “About mom, you, grandma, and… Dad…” Her eyes turned to her brother. “Eliot… No… Nikki… What do you think it’s like?”

He frowned, Ally never called him by his first name, “What what’s like”

“Heaven.” She looked up at the statue of Jesus, “I bet it’s beautiful. It has to be. Everything is bright and colorful. No one’s sick. No one’s in pain…” She took a shaky breath, “I already know what I’m going to do the first day I get there… I’m going to lay in a field of wild flowers and… Let the warmth of the sun wash over me. That’s all I want to do….”

“Stop talking like this Ally. Your going to get better.” He whispered as tears filled his eyes. It felt like someone was squeezing his heart with each word she said.

Her dull eyes stared at him, “Nikki. Look at me. I’m not going to make it.”

He stood, “Yes you are! You are not going to die Ally, you can’t just leave me!”

She looked down, “I’m sorry Nikki…” Her voice became a whisper.

He clenched his hands as he glared at her, hot tears in his eyes. “I hate you Ally…” Turning, he ran from the room. He didn’t want to see the look on his sisters face from what he had said.

“Eliot!” Sara came rushing out into the court yard where he son was. Pure panic was etched into her face. “Ally… She collapsed in the hall. They are doing some quick tests on her… But…” Tears ran down her face as she spoke.

Eliot stood and looked at his mom. Terror shot through him as he saw the look in her eyes. Not saying anything, he rushed into the hospital. His mother was close behind him as they ran to where they always did Ally’s tests.

A nurse was standing outside. She had blood on her scrubs and looked at them when they got to her. Quickly she blocked their path to get in.

“I’m sorry but they had to do an emergency surgery… Ms. Valentine, the doctor will talk to you about it when they are done. Ally should come out fine though, we got to her in time… I’m sorry that you can’t go in. But… You can wait for her in her room.” She offered them a gentle smile.

Eliot got ready to argue but was stopped when his mom placed her hand on his shoulder. Not saying anything, she led him to Ally’s room. He wouldn’t look at his mother or say anything. Instead, he walked to Ally’s bed.

Picking up her favorite stuffed toy, a white tiger their grandfather had given her, he curled up in her bed. Closing his eyes, he hugged the toy close. It smelled like her. It carried her warmth. Tears ran down his face.

“I’m so sorry Ally… I didn’t mean it…” He whispered, “I didn’t mean it…”

-----------------------------

I need imput. I have no idea how long I should have this. If you think it should be longer then tell me. If you think it should be shorter then tell me that too. If you think shorter, then it will actually be done in about... Three chapters. Let me know

Mom never told me why ally had colapsed so I couldnt put it in, or the reason for the surgery.. I wish she would tell me though. This was a horrible day and it hurts to think about it, but I felt that it was a part that needed to be in the story. Don't worry, she really did make it out of the surgery. And was very mad at me for touching her tiger, but, she did forgive me, and I think that it was... Importent? Yeah, importent that I got her forgivness. Remember, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask me.