Chapter Five

Sara walked into the small house. Her purse slipped from her shoulder as she tossed it aside to land on the couch. The house was pretty much quite except for the occasional gun shots coming from an unknown game.

She looked over her home. It looked so filthy to her. But she knew that she did not have any time to clean. Running a hand through her hair, she walked to the kitchen.

After turning the light on, she started to get to work on making dinner. She just went through the motions. Not caring what she was really doing. The smell of Mac ‘n cheese filled the home with in a matter of minutes.

Sighing, she got herself a bowl and headed to her bedroom. Yelling to her son that dinner was ready as she did. Getting to her room, she closed the door then went to her desk. Just like she did every day.

The desk as extremely cluttered. Papers were everywhere. Sitting in the comfy arm chair, she ate her food as fast as she could. She didn’t even taste it as she finished it off. Sitting the bowl to the side, she started to go about organizing everything. It was all bills. Sara was past due on a lot of payments and knew she would need to be getting another job and soon.

Tears filled her eyes as she looked at the hospital payments. All she could think about lately was death. It lingered at the back of her mind and filled her dreams. She hated it. She hated the thought that she had seen some many people going through stuff like this and all she could think was, “That will never be me.” And now, it was.

Her sorrow faded and rage filled the spot. Rage over the fact that her daughter was suffering and she had no way to take away her pain.

“Damn it!” She shouted as loudly as she could and slammed her fists down on her desks, causing everything to move. Hot tears ran down her eyes, “Why! Why is it her!” She screamed, turning quickly in her seat to face the cross on her wall. “Do you hate me? Have I done something wrong!?” She balled her hands into fists, “Why Ally!? Why not me!?” She screamed again. Reaching for something, her hand closed around the bowl. With out thinking, she threw it at the cross, the bowl shattering as it hit the wall.

Screams of pain ripped from her as she mourned over everything that was happening. The pain of a mother being un-able to fully help her child making her sob.

“Wow Ely. You look horrible.” Tylure, one of Eliot’s closest friends mumbled as he sat down next to him in the cafeteria the next morning.

“Yeah…” He grumbled, picking at the green eggs on the Styrofoam plate. “Mom was up crying all last night. I wasn’t able to sleep.”

“Must be tough…” He looked down at the table, “Poor Ally.”

A frown caressed Eliot’s face as he looked at him, “Poor Ally? Seriously? You have no right to say that.” He snapped as he stood and grabbed the plate. “You never even talked to her, so don’t start pitying her now. If you want to feel bad, then go and actually visit her. Let he know that she does have a friend, and then you can go say poor Ally.” He glared at him and walked away.

Anger was bubbling inside Eliot was he walked. It mad him so mad when people talked badly about his sister, but know that she’s sick, no one talks about her. It’s not as if anything has actually changed. She is still the same person.

It always amazed him how fast people could change. Change the way they viewed people. All it took as a tragedy. A stupid tragedy.

-------------------------------------

Truthfully? You think I was being to mean towards Tylure? I was so angry that morning and the lack of sleep did not help...