Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Harry's POV

After 10 minutes of sitting on my bed, thinking, I heard the front door shut.

She's gone.

My hands angrily brushed through my curls.

Why did I let her go?

Today was the least lonely I've been since years. Sure it could have gone better if I wasn't such an arse but it was nice, having a normal conversation with someone rather than talking about my next kill. I wish I wasn't an assassin but I have no choice besides I needed the money.

I froze for a second when I heard something drop from the living room.

Someone was here.

I slipped out my pocket knife and slowly walked towards the living room without making a sound. If it was them, I was going to kill them once and for all and then maybe I could have a normal life but I knew that was too much to ask.

It was dark, all I could see was a silhouette when I entered the living room, I ran towards the shadow and pinned them to the wall making them wince but it a rather feminine sound. I flicked the switch on that was on the wall.

"Chelsea?" My mouth gaped as my eyebrows frowned in confusion, "W-What are you doing here? I thought you left."

"You really need to stop pinning me to things!" She hissed the pain.

"Sorry, I thought you were them."

"Them? Who are these 'them' and 'they' you always refer to?" She asked.

"I can't tell you Chelsea," I muttered, I wish I could tell someone just to let it all out but I can't. They'd kill her, me and maybe even the others but I was never going to make that an option.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." She sighed.

"So, why did you come back? Did you forget something or-"

"No, I never left." She mumbled looking down at a book on the floor, my old journal.

She must've found it on the shelf, so that's what the noise was: the impact of the book falling on the ground due to gravitational pull.

"Did you read it?" I tried staying calm, I didn't want to hurt her again, I knew she'd leave and I didn't want to be alone again...

"No." She bit her lip.

"Do you want to tell the truth?"

She sighed, "Ok, I flicked through some pages."

"What did you find out?"

"Your name..." she muttered after she looked around thinking about it she continued, "I like it..."

Crap, not my name- that's one of the things you're not supposed to tell anyone, who's alive anyway.

"Harry," she tried it out, then she looked at me, "it suits you."

"Really?" I questioned shocked by her comment.

She nodded smiling.

"Your smile suits you, you should use it more," I noted complimenting her back, it was a polite thing to do; my mother taught me that. I frowned as her cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

"What's wrong with your face?" I blurted out of curiosity, which came out a bit rude.

"I... Um... I'm b-blushing," she looked down at her feet.

"Why do you blush? Is it normal?"

"Yes."

"What does it mean?"