Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Chelsea's POV

"Yes dad, I'll be back before 10pm," I muttered into my phone, "I promise."

"One second later and I'll send someone to pick you up and when you come home you can consider yourself grounded."

"Got it. Bye dad."

"Bye pumpkin," his nickname made my cheeks burn with embarrassment, "I love you."

"I love you too. And don't forget dad, you promised you'll be home tomorrow, for my birthday?"

"Yes honey, I'll see what I can do."

'I'll see what I can do.'

I sighed. I know my dad's a busy man but that should be no excuse to not attend his daughter's 20th birthday party, especially since he missed the last seven. Being the daughter of Peter Kenton, one of England's most finest businessman not to mention a millionaire, had its pros and cons. It seems like he prioritises his work over his own daughter sometimes - no, all the time.

"You always say that but I understand." I murmured, trying my hardest not to reveal the hurt I felt in my voice.

"I've got to go now. Duty calls." He informed abruptly hanging up before I got the chance to say anything else. Typical.

I let out a groan and threw my phone next to where I was lying on the bed, facing the ceiling. The phone rang once again; I sighed turning over to pick up the device.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Chels!! Are you ready yet?! I'm coming over - like now!" Ashley practically screamed into the phone over her loud car radio.

"Yes, I am. Ash remember, you have to drop me off at my house by 10pm or I'm in big trouble."

"Yeah, yeah. We don't want daddy's little angel late for her curfew, do we?"

I rolled my eyes at her comment. "I'm serious Ashley."

"Uh huh. We totes need to get you a date at Prim's party and you so need to get drunk - like seriously! You turned eighteen almost two years ago and you haven't even touched a single drop." She blabbed on. "That's got to change Chels."

"You know how my dad would freak. He's even getting someone to spy on me throughout the party."

"Ouch. Remind me to avoid you at all times at the party."

"Thanks Ash, knew I could always count on you," I muttered with sarcasm. "Anyway, I better add some finishing touches. I'll see you in a bit."

"'Kay, bye Chels."

Now, when I said I was ready, I was completely lying... 

I ran to my wardrobe and got out a pretty-peach dress, well I thought it was anyway. To accompany the dress, I chose a cream pair of flats - due to my incapability to walk in hells - and also a clutch to put my necessities in.

I walked down the marble stairs just as the doorbell rang. Lucia, the maid, was about to get it but I quickly interrupted her, "Don't worry Lucia, I'll get it."

I opened the door to reveal the one and only Ashley Jane Newman, wearing something very tight and short but that's why we're friends, because we're complete opposites - well that's what she tells me when I ask. 

"Bonjour mon ami joli!" She sure knew how to make an entrance.

"Salut! I don't know why you're talking French since you failed that exam and dropped it after so let's keep it English from now on." I told her.