Chapter 11 - The Magnificent Mile

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!! (:

Hey, lovely person! Isn't wonderful how often I update this story? Lol. Please show me you like this story by voting, fanning, and commenting! Melinda and Mr. D'Amato really appreciate it! Haha. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it!

_____________________________________________________________________________

We were parked in Lori’s driveway but the rain hadn’t subsided yet. In fact, it had barely softened since it began but there had been a slight decrease of rainfall and thunder didn’t rumble every five seconds.

I sat in the car waiting for it to be my turn. I had come up with a little solution so that we’d all get inside the house as dry as we possibly could. It was simple. Mr. D’Amato would take each child separately and once they were safe from the rain it would be my turn.

I hadn’t expected D’Amato to carry each child with one arm and the umbrella in the other as he took the steps of the porch. Taking one kid by the hand was what I had in mind but Mr. D’Amato hadn’t done what I’d expected and that completely sucked.

Why? Because it impressed me to see him carry the kids as if they weighed two pounds. It was extremely sexy to see they way his muscles flexed as he effortlessly took the children like a small sack of potatoes. I wanted to slap myself at the inappropriate thoughts I was having over my teacher.

When he came back for me I hadn’t expected him to carry me back and when he let me stand out onto the pavement I was utterly relieved. Who the hell would’ve known what I would have done if he’d carried me? Yet there was a part of me that wanted to see how his arms would feel around me. 

I almost gagged at the disgustingly romantic thought.

He closed the door behind me and I stood under the black umbrella, not getting soaked but slightly hit by the rain that was being blown into my right side. I could have avoided a lot more of the rain’s impact but I chose not to press my body against his to shield my body form the drops.

Mr. D’Amato must have noticed because he draped his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into the side of his hard muscled body. Just the action alone made my heart start to beat frantically, my stomach go crazy, and any common sense leave my head. The warmth of his body was radiating onto my cold and moist skin, the pressure of his arm sinking my shoulders. His touch was so comfortable it frightened me.

Once we made it to the sanctuary of the porch, he lifted his arm and closed the umbrella. I watched every move of his body until some sense came into me and I knocked on the door. 

The four of us stood there waiting for Lori to open the door and while we waited, there was an inevitable eye contact between my teacher and I. His gaze was so meaningful that I didn’t want to look away but so strong that I was forced to.

Nothing but relief flooded me when Lori opened the door. She had a confused look on her face but she let us in anyway.

We were all in her house now with the door closed behind us but in the entrance only stood Lori, Mr. D’Amato and myself since the two children had run off into the depths of the house.

It was an awkward triangle that formed with my teacher just a few feet away and Lori looking at the two of us. Her expression and meaningful eyes held a hint of surprise with two more things that made me want to slap her. Suspicion and suggestion.

I decided I wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction of seeing either D’Amato or myself squirm so I started to speak.

“My car wasn’t starting so I decided to walk to Landon’s school to pick him up but the rain caught up to me before I could. Your cousin saw me walking in the rain so he picked me up and it was luck that we headed to the same place. Since I was coming to your house and so was your cousin, he drove us here.” I crossed my arms over my chest as a sign that I wasn’t going to be affected by her stares and looked at Lori as if I hadn’t caught the suspicion in her eyes.