Chapter 15

Sentenced To Eternity

Chapter 15

Alise's Point of View

Being linked to someone was a completely different experience than I thought it would be. 

Though, the only thing that differed was thoughts of screaming, pain, and torture lurked in the back of my mind.  Though, with my new-found ability didn't worry me.  Even in the slightest. 

I scanned the rocky land around me.  The Demons seemed more frightening than before. 

Their blistered and bloody clawed hands. 

Fiery red eyes that burned into me. 

Ripped and blood-stained togas. 

Mouths full of sharp, yellow, crooked teeth that are surely used for tearing the flesh of. . . humans? 

I gulped. 

Though the most grotesque part of them was surely their faces.  With the snake-like noses, (flat with slits for nostrils) bald callused heads, and whiskered chins I was utterly horrified by them.  How was I able to overcome my fears and become allies with them?  Far beyond even I.  Though I was almost certain that even though they were utterly terrifying, they would indeed protect me.

And I would earn their protection, no matter what the cost.

Probably. 

~~~~~

I watched in utter horror as an innocent soul was strapped to a flat ice-cold piece of marble and whipped to unconsciousness.  "Your turn," rumbled a Demon by the name of Rip (scary right?).  

"Um, no thanks.  I wouldn't want you to miss out on the fun," I said with a nervous grin.  Rip grinned a crooked grin at me and continued whipping the poor man. 

Screams rang out all around me.  It seemed as if everyone's worst nightmares were coming alive.  Off to my right an old woman with snow-white hair was being chased by a spider about the size of a bus in a never ending maze.  From the outside the walls of the maze were see-through though but inside the maze they were coal-black and solid as a rock.  The maze often led to dead-ends and occasionally rotated, changing its shape entirely.  Many Demons stood outside the maze watching in awe as the woman ran into a dead-end and was eaten by the giant spider.  Then moments later she would "magically" (I think you know what I mean) appear outside of the spider's body.  Even bloodier, dirtier, and pained than before.  Then the process would repeat itself.  It was never-ending torture.  

Off to my left a man with gold colored blond haired and peircing blue eyes was whipped around by a churning black ocean.  The waves sucked him under again and again.  His screams would fill the air as salty water filled his mouth and the ocean spray burned his eyes.  Finally his efforts would stop and he would sink beneath the waves.  Moments later his corpse would float to the top.  It would be whipped around by the waves for a few seconds before (after) life entered it once again.  Once again he would go through the pain of drowning, but then (after) life would fill him and the pain would engulf him again.

Terrified, I shivered.  What fear would they use against me if I were to be one of the tortured in this land? 

Perhaps my Claustrophobia? 

Or maybe my fear of blood? 

Or even my fear of thorns, particularly poisonous ones? 

I couldn't really be sure, but I savored the feeling of safety I felt at the moment.  Though just as my mind was easing its self into a some-what comfortable position something dreadful occurred.  "Traitor!" screamed a woman's voice.  I looked and saw the last person I expected to see standing there, glaring daggers at me.  Trust me, if looks could kill I'd be a bloody corpse.  Well, if that makes any sense, since I'm already dead.